SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : about Pastor John MacArthur

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

about Pastor John MacArthur

I've just watched a clip of Pastor John MacArthur, him saying that it is okay for christian baker to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple.

... his preaching style is changing now, and he is trying to please people.

But I still believe that some of Pastor John MacArthur sermons are biblical...

Here is the video exposing him:
https://youtu.be/YOxaQnZZFLo

What you think, saints?

2017/7/9 15:44
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: about Pastor John MacArthur

At the 1:35 min mark John said, "No, it's not sinful for a cake maker to make a cake for a gay wedding anymore than it's sinful for a guy that owns a restaurant... I actually think that we need to show love to everyone and do good to all those outside the kingdom as well as inside..."

John MacArthur moved up a couple notches in my estimation over this comment.

Thank you so much for sharing it!!!

2017/7/9 16:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree Lisa.

"People are people so why should it be--you and I should get along so awfully."

2017/7/9 16:34Profile
dohzman

Since I can not see Jesus as a carpenter carving a statue of two men or two women standing hand in hand in Holy Matrimony nor can I see Him attending such an event there by giving homage to such an occasion I have to agree with the personal conscience choice that the christian bakery took. As I understand this specific cake done the exact way requested would have been a stark violation of these bakery owners conscience. If the matter was just a plain cake stacked with the typical piers 3 or 4 high there probably would not have been a problem, add the other "stuff" on the cake and there in lies the subtle compromise. You can love the sinner but hate the sin.

No kingdom divided against itself can stand, this issue is a divisive issue which can never lead to love and unity of The Holy Spirit and so I see its very nature with in the church as one that weakens the churches leadership role and causes harmful divides among evangelicals to the extant that we lose the real issue here and that is how best to win the "gay" community to Jesus Christ.

2017/7/9 17:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree that a Christian baker should not HAVE to bake a cake for anybody he doesn't want to. A heathen baker should not have to bake for a Christian couple if he doesn't want to. But if the Christian baker doesn't have a problem with it he/she is not sinning.

2017/7/9 17:30Profile

Re: Other rhings that JM has said

There have been statements that John MacArthur has made that should cause us concern. We know that he denies the reality of the Holy Spirit. Dr. John MacArthur believe said the spiritual gifts have ceased after the first century.

But one thing that should cause us concern is that John MacArthur believes that one can take the mark of the beast during the tribulation and still be redeemed. This clearly in contrast to the teaching of scripture. One has to wonder where Dr. MacArthur has gone these days.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/9 18:58

Re: Interbiew With Jimmy DeYoung

In the link below there is an interview with Jimmy DeYoung. The interviewer plays it Q&A where Dr John MacArthur answers the question about one having the mark during the tribulation and can be saved. Evidently Jimmy DeYoung believe that one can have the mark and be saved.

https://youtu.be/iU3tjRq6tX4

Bro Blaine

2017/7/9 19:09

Re: Am I Missing Something?

Revelation 14:9-11

Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

•••••••

I am a bit puzzled. Did Dr. MacArthur for all of his theological credentials miss the above verses? Or am I missing something here?

Just curious.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/9 19:14
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

John MacArthur only matters to me when he says something right and even then only when it is a remarkable right. He has had a select one or two of those IMO. In other words I don't care what he thinks.

But I do believe it is no sin to make a cake for a gay couple's wedding IF you can do it while walking in earnest honesty with Christ, living in the word, and no pause from the Holy Spirit is given. That can happen. Whether it does or will is anyone's guess. If a person IS given pause or if for conscience's sake they cannot bake that cake, don't. But there is no objective, definitive word from the Bible not to bake that cake in every instance.

Yet I cannot imagine it being a small thing in the conscience of any intentional and serious believer of Jesus.

MacArthur is beside the point.

2017/7/9 20:20Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

In John MacArthur's line of reasoning it would be okay for a Christian baker to bake a cake for a homosexual couple, as long as he isn't praying in tongues while doing so.

2017/7/9 22:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy