SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The amazing love of God.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The amazing love of God.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That is one of the most life giving Scriptures I can think of. I want to speak to saints who today are struggling with the notion “does God loves me.” Yes, yes, yes He does. Think about it for just one second. If, while you were yet in your sin, in your old life, dwelling in darkness, the Lord Jesus saved you, reconciled you to Himself, how much more now that you are a child of the living God?

I am not speaking of any kind of cheap grace here, I would never give solace to those who would trample the blood of Jesus and never give it a second thought although they call themselves Christians. No, I am talking to you dear saint. Blood bought and redeemed. I know you may have messed up. This is exactly why this is for you. It is by His life that you are saved. It is His life that is coursing through your veins. It is because of His life in you that you struggle right now. If you had no life in you there would be no struggle.

“But where sin abounded grace did much more abound.” Think on that for just a moment, just a moment saints. The grace of God abounds much more than your sin. What is this grace? Is it not un-merited favor! Favor to do what? To come before His Holy throne and fall down at the feet of your heavenly Father and cry out “Holy.” “Forgive me Father.” This is favor above all favor. This is the grace of God, the ability to come and hear these words oh you of a contrite and broken heart ” rise up child for you are forgiven.” Right there, right there changes everything!

Brother, sister, don’t you dare stay away from the throne. Dont you listen to the accuser of the brethren. He wants to take away from Calvary. He wants to rob Calvary of its greatest achievement, the ability for you to come, by the grace of God, by the work on the cross, before a Holy God and not stare upon your sin but lift up your head and gaze upon His glory. Oh yes its gonna hurt as the blinding light of His glory reveals the sin that you have brought. But it is that very glory, that Holiness that drives out the darkness from our hearts and draws us deeper into the Father’s heart.

No more to run and hide naked behind a tree as the God of all creation says “come to me.” Now, naked before the throne but covered by the Blood of the greatest sacrifice of all. We can come and say ” here I am Father.” We have been cleansed by something so much deeper and so much more powerful than any coal from the fires of heaven, we have been cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb. This is where you belong brothers and sisters and don’t you let any lie persuade you otherwise. Do not be robbed of your birthright, your new-birth right given to you at so much cost. This grace I speak of is the exact opposite of cheap grace, which leads to spiritual death and separation.

So, if today you have been asking yourself ” how can God love me,” or ” does He still love me.” The answer is that He loved you when you were yet in your sin, when you were an enemy to Him. Now let me ask you something. How much do you love your very own children? How many times have you forgiven them? How many times did Jesus tell His disciples to forgive others? Are we greater than our Master? Does our love for our own Children exceed our Heavenly Fathers love for His? You already know the answer. Rest in it today dear saint and when you get up from that rest go and sin no more. You have the Blood of Jesus flowing through you, you have the power to overcome........bro Frank

2017/7/8 16:06

Re: The amazing love of God.

Amen!

I reckoned what Zac Poonen said in his sermon that God loves us just like how He loves His Son, Jesus Christ...

2017/7/8 16:43

Re:

Amen Evangeline............bro Frank

2017/7/8 22:27
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The amazing love of God.

Great post Frank, and it is essential that because of the accusations of the enemy, that we know and understand that God did not save us when we were at our best, but at our worse. We were dead in our sins and trespasses, and now as His sons and daughters, we overcome by His life within us.

2017/7/9 7:27Profile

Re:

Mike writes........

"God did not save us when we were at our best, but at our worse. We were dead in our sins and trespasses, and now as His sons and daughters, we overcome by His life within us."

Amen bro............bro Frank

2017/7/9 20:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy