SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Book of Enoch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Book of Enoch

Why is it not included today? I thought it was found in the dead sea scrolls.

2017/7/7 13:11Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Book of Enoch

Noah was a preacher of righteousness. He had no Old testament but he had a copy of his grandfathers parables.

I just saw that today. Evidently the Book of Enoch went through the flood.

68:1 After that, he gave me instructions in all the secret things found in the book of my grandfather, Enoch, and in the parables which were given to him; and he put them together for me in the words of the book which is with me.

I just found it interesting.

2017/7/7 15:51Profile
Sree

Re:

Jude actually quotes Enouch in Jude 14-15. Even I thinking why it is not included in Bible.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/562-did-jude-quote-from-the-book-of-enoch

This link explains why the book of Enoch was not included.

2017/7/7 17:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I believe 2 Peter lifts info from a similar work- "the assumption of Moses."

The book of Enoch is interesting on its own merits. Not scripture, but interesting.

2017/7/7 17:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

we have the 'book of enoch' on SermonIndex that you can read here: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=509

There is very strong and fearful wordings in this document about the coming judgment and especially fallen angels. It clearly references that God will judge the "watchers" those fallen angels who mingled with mankind in Genesis 6 and thus God had to destroy all creatures through the flood. This will happen again at the end of the age.

Though it is not scripture there seems to be truths shared that the early church kept to as the interoperation of Genesis 6 being fallen angels perverting the human seed (perhaps trying to stop Christ from coming into the world).

It is not scripture but it is well worth reading.

2017/7/7 19:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It does address the fallen angels issue which is what makes it interesting- if accurate it fills in some gaps.

2017/7/7 19:49Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

The book of enoch is heresy. It talks about 450 foot tall people. The author clearly lifted bits and pieces of Scripture and inserted them into the book of enoch to make it look authentic.

" 7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord
8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have
9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

Are you really gullible enough to believe that fallen angels had physical intimacy with earthly women that produced offspring 450-feet tall? I don't think so! We read in chapter 7:12-15 of the Book of Enoch...

7:12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
7:13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
7:14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
7:15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/book_of_enoch.htm

2017/7/7 21:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

How can a book that is not scripture be heresy? It's like calling War and Peace heresy.

I must say a 450 ft giant would be pretty awesome. That's about 45 stories.

2017/7/7 22:21Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Drifter I get your point but have you looked at that website you posted from? It's a hate site, the man believes everyone except jack hyles and Billy Sunday are false prophets.

2017/7/7 23:23Profile

Re: book of enoch

i agree with you drifter.thank you for sharing..i often wonder why Gods holy word is not enough for some christians...

but remember whatever you express there is an enemy lurking on this site and will be in opposition anytime you speak up for God's holy precious word.

2017/7/8 1:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy