SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How healthy is our prayer life?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

How healthy is our prayer life?

Quote:"Pray much if you would work much; and if you want to work more, pray more. Luther used to say, when an unusual press of business came upon him, ‘I must pray more to-day.’ Be like him in the day of work or trial. Do not think that mere working will keep you right or set you right The watch won’t go till the spring is mended. Work will do nothing for you till you have gone to God for a working heart."

2017/7/5 15:10Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: How healthy is our prayer life?

Very timeful reminder!

Although I think that we can never pray too much... sometimes for me exactly this time scheduling becomes a problem. Honestly there are times, especially 2-3 days before an exam when my mind goes "You've got a lot to learn! You've got a lot to learn!" And it forces me tobalways think about the time... but it is a miserable thing to cut short your prayer time or the quiet time because of that... :(

And just when I was fighting with myself about that today I read:

Ecclesiastes 8:5-6
[5]Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
[6]Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.

Oh that I could discern the time... that I could discern the time for prayer, time for work, time for rest... the time to every purpose...

2017/7/6 10:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy