SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Has America Passed the Point of No Return?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//However, the sons of thunder immediately come out of the wood works wanted to call fire down from heaven and burn up this ungodly nation. //

Mike I read back through the thread and I don't see this anywhere. I see some skepticism but I don't see anyone wishing for a great judgment. Of course I may have missed it.

What is needed for Dr Browns dream to come true is something different. What is currently being done is obviously not working. If God wants revival of this nation or anywhere He will need to do something, be it via a prophet or something big that will grab attention. I would love it if TRUE revival w/o all the charismatic nonsense would breakout in Church A and that it would rapidly spread from church to church across the nation. But what is needed to make that happen?? People have been praying for revival for years but for whatever reason it does not seem to be working. Why?

2017/7/7 11:19Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Brethren,

Please forgive me if this may appear to come out the wrong way. I am finding it very hard to even read threads like this let alone want to throw my two cents into the ring lest what I want to say be misinterpreted.

Why are Christians so consumed with Gods judgement? If we are truly saved we have absolutely zero to fear. The church is obsessed with God wanting to pour out judgement, end times, tribulation, rapture, self righteousness, debate, and pride.

All while God is waiting for us to GO out and fulfill the great commission. It was mentioned that God is going to have to do something because what is being done so far is not working.

God already DID something. He spoke, created, commanded; was patient, took on human flesh, loved, beaten, tortured, crucified, forgave, rose from the dead, ascended, and sent His Holy Spirit.

Does God have to DO anything else? He has already proclaimed deliverance, freedom, and salvation for all Christians.

At this point I do not bear witness with preaching Gods judgement but rather preaching and DEMONSTRATING Gods love.

I am guilty of riding the wave of preaching Gods judgement and it is a wave I no longer feel led to minister, it is simply NOT Gods heart.

I am no longer consumed with the church, the churches judgement, or revival in the church. We must be consumed with the great commission and the fields of lost souls that are already ripe for the pickin.

The burden no longer rests with God, He has already provided what we need and the burden is now upon Christians, Believers, the Faithful.

My only hope, encouragement, and admonition to the body is this:

Mark 16:14-20 Afterward He appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen Him after He was risen. (15) And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Before fornicators, liars, adulterers, thieves, etc. are cast into the lake of fire, the fearful and unbelieving are mentioned.

The great commission as God has laid out in Mark 16 works. Anything and everything else man wants to add to it are filthy rags.

2017/7/7 14:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

David- I appreciate what you wrote.

Would you therefore say that praying for revival (which is asking for God to do something) is a unworthy cause? It may be-- there has been no revival and maybe we aren't taking the hint.

2017/7/7 15:00Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Weren't the great "revivals" of the past the result of the preaching of Gods Judgment ?

Not to say there isn't/wasn't a balance, but wasn't there an emphasis put on the coming Judgment by Edwards, Finney, Booth, etc...?

Not trying to be contentious, just asking-

2017/7/7 15:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Weren't the great "revivals" of the past the result of the preaching of Gods Judgment ?"

Amen! The sinner must know that he is not just a little misguided, and with a change in his thinking and a little counseling that he can become a better person, but he must be convicted by the Holy Spirit that he is lost, undone, miserable, and wretched. When a sinner is under true conviction he will cry out: "what must I do to be saved?" Then the good news of the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ can be preached and he can find peace with God.

All of the great revival preachers preached a true gospel of both the judgment and mercy of the Lord. Men often fell down on their faces in deep agony under the conviction of sin. Then when they heard the good news of salvation and forgiveness of Jesus Christ, they called out upon His name and were saved, justified, and filled with the peace and joy of the Lord.

What we are lacking in most of our churches today is the preaching of the whole word of God, the true gospel of Jesus Christ that brings sinners under conviction. We all were sinners, lost, and on our way to hell, and that is where we deserved to go, but praise God for redemption and salvation through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, that washes all of our sins away.

2017/7/7 15:37Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I believe Brown's assumption that America AS America means something to God is a flawed premise. America is not to be saved. It never was. Like all nations, so is America, a speck of dust and a drop in the bucket before Him, nothing to offer Him, all our righteousness being filthy rags.

2017/7/7 19:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy