SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Has America Passed the Point of No Return?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: Has America Passed the Point of No Return?

Isa 1:4
Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
Isa 1:5
Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
Isa 1:6
From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
Isa 1:7
Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
Isa 1:8
And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
Isa 1:9
Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
Isa 1:10
Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
Isa 1:11
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
Isa 1:12
When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
Isa 1:13
Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
Isa 1:14
Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
Isa 1:15
And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
Isa 1:16
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
Isa 1:17
Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isa 1:19
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
Isa 1:20
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

I do not believe that there will be a "national" revival in a political sense. DC is to far gone and to corrupt. I do believe that there will be an in gathering of repentant blood bought believers in Jesus Christ which make up the remnant. If just 10% of the current church woke up in America and did what they were called to do, it would be like heaven on earth, but as for this country? Judgement.

2017/7/5 20:43Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

This seems to me to be a very 'US-Cenntric' question and view.

The question should be 'Has the world (of which the USA is a part) passed the point of no return'?
Answer: Yes it always has since the fall according to scripture and God's plan of redemption. This world is on course for final judgement and there is a new world coming.

Quote "The question is, are we willing to pay to the price to be a part of the end-time army that will enforce the Lordship of Jesus Christ, that which He obtained by His own precious blood?"

Where do you get this theology from?? It is not biblical at all. There will be no 'end time army that will enforce the Lordship of Christ'!! This is the dominionism /Joel's army / NAR heresy.

Jesus will return in judgement against this world and HE will set up His kingdom and rule. Until that time His 'church' will always be a remnant minority people in this world who are looking for and hastening the coming of their King and His kingdom.

2017/7/6 5:03Profile
docs

Re:

21 For then there will be great tribulation, such ad had not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. (Matt 24:21-22)

My question has been for a while that if America experiences revival and becomes a spiritual beacon again as they say then is that somehow going to steer us past the scenario and events prophesied to end this present age? Wouldn't true revival bring also a true assessment of what the end of the age is going to bring?

2017/7/6 8:34Profile
lovejt

Re:

<Can someone give me a scripture from New Covenant that says an entire country has to be saved?>

I don't believe there are any NT/NC scriptures. Also, nobody has shown it in their answers. I have my ideas of where this originated. Way....after time of Acts/Revelation. Church will always be the beacon to attract people to come out...of the nations, world, kingdoms of the earth, etc. Thats where the HS is present and resides.

2017/7/6 10:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

That problem disappears if you do not insist on a literal future great tribulation. Not wanting to go down that road- just throwing it out there

2017/7/6 10:10Profile
docs

Re:

Jesus ended His words here describing His second coming after the tribulation of those days. Maybe He meant His second coming was to be taken non literally also.

It seems a real sleight of hand to go from non literal in Matt 24:21,29 yet jump back to literal in Matt 24:31.

2017/7/6 16:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I hear you but you have to look at the verses before v 21. He was warning THEM about the coming great tribulation.

I think we can all agree the world is going to hell in a hand basket and unless the Church steps up its game like 300% ain't nothing stopping it.

The problem is that there is no prophetic voice calling the church to step it up, at least none who people are paying any attention to.

I don't want to be defeatist and I love Dr browns message but I really have a hard time seeing it happen.

Maybe if the Yellowstone volcano goes people will wake up, but that's a huge maybe (both the volcano and the waking up)

2017/7/6 18:02Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// I hear you but you have to look at the verses before v 21. He was warning THEM about the coming great tribulation. ///

and a warning they listened to and that most commentaries agree with the following regarding vs 16 :

Ellicott's Commentary

The words were acted on when the time came. Eusebius (Hist. Eccl. iii. 5) records that the Christians of Juda, acting "on a certain oracle," fled, in A.D. 68, to Pella, a town on the northern boundary of Pera. So Josephus (Wars, iv. 9, 1; v. 10, 1) more generally relates that many of the more conspicuous citizens fled from the city, as men abandon a sinking ship.

concerning vs 21 :

People's Bible Notes for Matthew 24:21

Mt 24:21 Great tribulation. The account given by Josephus, the Jewish historian who witnessed and recorded the war, is almost an echo of the predictions of Christ. Women ate their own children from starvation; the Jews within the city fought each other as well as the Roman army; on August 10, A.D. 70, the city was stormed and there was a universal massacre; 1,100,00 persons perished, and 100,000 survivors were sold into slavery.

2017/7/6 18:10Profile

Re:

•••Maybe if the Yellowstone volcano goes people will wake up, but that's a huge maybe (both the volcano and the waking up)•••

Bro if the Yellowstone volcano goes there may not be any left around to wake up. 😊 But in all seriousness we have had warnings from prophetic men such as David Wilkerson and Art Katz. No one listened. We have had tornadoes and 911 and hurricanes. No one listened. I'm not sure if anything will wake up to church at this point. Maybe an economic downturn or some type of a catastrophic terrorist attack. (Not that I would wish that.) But I think America and particular the church in America may be beyond waking up.

At this point the best we can hope for is individual salvations in the Lord Jesus Christ. Because it will only be through individuals fleeing to Christ by which there will be true salvation and security.

Simply my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/6 18:12
docs

Re:

Jesus' words end in His physical second coming after the tribulation of those days. The blessed hope of the church has always coincided the second coming with the last trumpet signaling the resurrection of the righteous dead. Josephus and the others must have missed that.

2017/7/6 18:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy