SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Please don't get mad at me for this-

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

I don't believe each time a prophet spoke it was a great rapturous experience. Far from it.

You seem a bit double minded if I may say it. A double minded man is unstable and that is likely why when I read your posts I become uneasy and unsettled at times. You seem eager to punch holes in beliefs long held by the church and which it has benefited from yet you seem to end up saying but I myself don't believe what I just said. You don't seem settled and seem to rely on your own reasoning more than is useful in the realm of faith. In line with this, you have just led a frontal assault on the inerrancy of scripture but yet say you are a firm believer in the Bible and what it says. You have said people worship the Bible and because of fear are afraid to admit it is not really God's word but words about God written on a page. But yet you say you believe God inspired all of what is written in the Bible. You seem to want to have it two ways at the same when really you chip away at the faith long delivered to the saints. You can take or leave my advice of course but my brotherly admonition would be go grow a little and get settled. A double minded man is...?

2017/7/4 20:47Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

I don't like to post videos.

But Mr Trump has just announced recently that he wants us to go back to the moon.

This is a super short video. Watch Buzz Aldrins facial expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHcuHPZU1A

2017/7/4 20:51Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

"I don't believe each time a prophet spoke it was a great rapturous experience. Far from it.

You seem a bit double minded if I may say it. A double minded man is unstable and that is likely why when I read your posts I become uneasy and unsettled at times. You seem eager to punch holes in beliefs long held by the church and which it has benefited from yet you seem to end up saying but I myself font believe what I just said. You don't seem settled and seem to rely on your own reasoning. In line with this, you have just led a frontal assault on the inerrancy of scripture but yet say you are a firm believer in the Bible and what it says. You have said people worship the Bible and because of fear are afraid to admit it is not really God's word but words about God written on a page. But yet you say you believe God inspired all of what is written in the Bible. You seem to want to have it two ways at the same when really you chip away at the faith long delivered to the saints. You can take or leave my advice of course but my brotherly admonition would be go grow a little and get settled. A double minded man is...?"

Ah, don't answer my points attack the man! Where have we seen that before? Beliefs long held by the church, i'm assuming you mean Protestantism and not the much older beliefs of the catholic church? But that's a different subject altogether.

The wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

The fact that you cannot pinpoint my beliefs, that you cannot find a solid footing is because I stand on a foundation that is not a creed or a doctrine. It is the Spirit and He is not so easily discerned. What does Tyler believe? He seems to say the bible contains the markings of its time yet claims its inspiration? Not everything is black and white, not everything is able to be expressed in words. It is Spirit, not letter but it is very solid ground.

2017/7/4 21:10Profile
docs

Re:

I've addressed the points you have made more than once.

Your reply is more of what I just spoke of. You believe the scriptures in the Bible are errant and incorrect in places though inspired by an inerrant God who inspired men to write by the Spirit of TRUTH. But you know this because you rely on the Spirit since everything is not written in black and white. It's an unstable conclusion buttressed by the amount of your own reasoning you have wrapped around it. It actually chips away at stable faith.

2017/7/4 21:24Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I believe that the Writings of the Prophets where beyond there own intellectual understanding and that they actually went back and studied there own writings to try and better understand what was contained in what they wrote.

1 Peter 1
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

2017/7/4 21:52Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

"Your reply is more of what I just spoke of. You believe the scriptures in the Bible are errant and incorrect in places though inspired by an inerrant God who inspired men to write by the Spirit of TRUTH"

Exactly. The SPIRIT of TRUTH. It is the Spirit that is truth. When the bible talks about the pillars that uphold the earth it is the Spirit behind that message that is truth, it's just being conveyed through a primitive mindset. There are no pillars. Im glad youre using the word inspired, that's exactly what I'm saying. Our religion is a spiritual one is it not? Why are you upset then if i judge things using the Spirit as the standard? When did we go back to following the written law?

2017/7/4 22:00Profile
docs

Re:

Nobody and not I have referred to going back to the written law. That's completely out of left field.

You're saying this Spirit of truth you rely on more than the written word inspired men to write incorrect things. Jesus taught the inerrancy of scripture so I'll throw my two cents worth in with Him. At the bottom line a belief in the errancy of scripture is really a slight on the nature of God and the sinlessness of Christ.

2017/7/4 22:12Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

It is not. Paul said the law was spiritual. Meditate on that. So is the rest of the bible.

He didn't inspire them to write wrong things, they spoke truth. The truth was in the Spirit. Do you believe the earth is held up by pillars?

2017/7/4 22:22Profile
docs

Re:

If the Spirit inspired them to write the truth and the earth is not really held up by pillars then how can it be true in the Spirit? This is another example of the contradictions you employ. These are contradictory and unstable conclusions. The earth is not really held up by pillars but they wrote truth because the truth is in the Spirit? Yet I recognize and acknowledge the use of figurative language in the Bible.

Good night good bro. I likely won't address this issue anymore on the morrow.

2017/7/4 23:51Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Martyr wrote :
RE : ///Proudpapa: take your pick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils
But those are probably all fake right? Look at that list. Look at the human section of all the different fossils and tell me it is not logical to think evolution.///

I was speaking of the transformation/transition of one kind of species into another kind of species.

let me use another's words, so you can better understand what I was implying :

Evolution Is Not Happening Now

"First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring, and there should be many "transitional" forms that we could observe. What we see instead, of course, is an array of distinct "kinds" of plants and animals with many varieties within each kind, but with very clear and -- apparently -- unbridgeable gaps between the kinds. That is, for example, there are many varieties of dogs and many varieties of cats, but no "dats" or "cogs." Such variation is often called microevolution, and these minor horizontal (or downward) changes occur fairly often, but such changes are not true "vertical" evolution.

Evolutionary geneticists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, but these have all failed to accomplish their goal. No truly new species has ever been produced, let alone a new "basic kind."" - Henry M. Morris, Ph.D.

2017/7/5 1:10Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy