SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Please don't get mad at me for this-

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// I think this describes you more than them.///

My view is Based on the Scriptures and not imagination so it does not describe me.

RE : /// They are willing to look at the world around them, analyze it and come to conclusions based on solid reasoning. ///

No !, That would lead them to recognizing a Creator.

It is an intentionally biased view that is an attempt to try and undermine/disprove the Bible,

Solid reasoning demand's that if they where correct that we would see transitionary species halfway between various species.

It takes a wild and intentionally biased imagination to make there view work,
But it is a clear example of the foolishness of man when his wisdom does not begain with the fear of the Lord.

The results of Darwins evolution theory on our culture can be summed up by a song that said basically : We are nothing but mammels so lets do it like they do it on the discovery channel.

add

2017/7/4 18:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//If the Bible says that a bat is a bird then it is.//

Why would you make such a comment?

2017/7/4 18:53Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Leviticus 11:19

https://answersingenesis.org/birds/bats-of-a-feather/

2017/7/4 18:59Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Docs : "I also remember martyr you recently said you won't find a explanation of the atonement in the scriptures because the Bible is not for that. That's obviously not true.

Meanwhile, I would be a bit careful with the syncretism you espouse."

My point with that was it is not spelled out. Meaning Paul and the other apostles wrote letters to various churches to address specific things. None of them wrote out a doctrinal thesis spelling out the beliefs of Christianity. Romans is probably the closest you get to that. This is why there is so much debate around the atonement. They are trying to discern it from the letters but it was something they experienced and taught fully in person. That was my only point, its not spelled out. If it was there would be no debates.

Drifter: "Seriously, evolution is a viable theory? The evolutionary hypothesis suggests that all plants and animals evolved from a common ancestor.So far as I know, there is no mechanism in nature that can add information to a genome, be it plant or animal. The single cell organism life supposedly evolved from would have to contain the totality of information for every genome. A bacteria, or a crocodile, or a human's genome only has the information to be that specific thing. No natural process can add new information."

I never said it was a viable theory, but a logical one. I do not subscribe to it the way it is presented. I do accept that things change over time, that is the world we live in. Everything is changing. You are the result of two different people come together to create a new person. That is pretty incredible! But I get your point and that is why I do not subscribe to darwinian evolution. Yet I have talked to non christians who have believed it and found it beneficial to point out that even if evolution is true there would have to be someone guiding it.

Proudpapa: take your pick https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

But those are probably all fake right? Look at that list. Look at the human section of all the different fossils and tell me it is not logical to think evolution. Obviously they do not have the Wisdom from above, my point was at least they are being logical in their "human" thinking unlike those on here who can't accept the bible has things regarding physics and cosmology that are incorrect.

2017/7/4 19:08Profile
docs

Re:

Yet the various letters taken together as a whole have given us a pretty thorough evaluation of the atonement. The necessity of a once for all atonement is detailed in the OT and NT. The complete and perfect sacrifice that Christ was as He offered Himself is spelled out clearly. The results of the atonement and its extravagant provision for each believer is spelled out. The faith necessary to appropriate the benefits is discussed in the scriptures. And because of what we read of and appropriate by faith what is presented to us therefore we can preach and teach on it in person also. The Spirit and the word work together to reveal it and make it real to us. Taken as a whole, the Bible is astoundingly comprehensive in what it presents as facts to us regarding the atonement. The Bible is the ONLY book that does this. It doesn't come close to the false accusation of worshiping the Bible and its scriptures. It's knowing where the best source of information is.

2017/7/4 19:38Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Agreed.

2017/7/4 19:40Profile
docs

Re:

So the Holy Spirit of TRUTH, knowing all facts in the universe from beginning to end, would inspire men to make incorrect statements about physics and cosmology?

2017/7/4 19:47Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Have you ever spoken by the Spirit before? Ever been given wisdom in a situation from God and spoke accordingly? The Spirit speaks through the minds and mouths of men. He shows the prophet what is going on and the prophet says what needs to be said. The ancients lived in a time when the world was flat. So when they gave their prophetic word it was through that mind. I don't know what you think it is. I feel as if you believe there was this great rapturous experience when a prophet prophesied and his mind was taken into heaven and God spoke through his mouth while his mind did nothing. Not how it works. The prophets were men brought up by God who could see what was going on at all times because it was who they are, they had the Spirit of Truth and could see what was going on around them.

Have you ever been jealous? angry? What happens? Those things change your view on things and you interpret accordingly and speak accordingly. In the OT those are called spirits. What we need is the Holy Spirit. He operates likewise, He changes your thinking to see things according to the truth and you speak. Jeremiah (picking someone random) was a man who saw the truth. He didn't open his mouth and a thunderous voice of God came out. God put the words in His mouth through the act of showing Jeremiah what was going on and he spoke accordingly. I don't believe God told Jeremiah what to say in the sense that it was dictated. I believe he spoke freely but he spoke FROM and IN that Spirit making the message, at its source, divine. It did not overrule him, it changed him. He was still a man and he still believed in the cosmology of the day. I'm sure you claim to have the Spirit of Truth but still believe false things (as do I). Can you answer me all questions of physics because the Spirit dwells in you? Thats silly.

2017/7/4 20:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Nigel wrote:

Leviticus 11:19

https://answersingenesis.org/birds/bats-of-a-feather/
----------/------/-///

The point is that even Moses was not calling a bat a bird- but you said if the Bible calls a bat a bird then that is what it is.

That's why I asked why you made that statement. You know a bat is not a bird so why would you say that it is?

I originally brought up the bat/bird issue because it is another example of how certain scriptures taken at face value in the English translations are not correct, and that you either have to rely on the idea of a poor translation from the original language or look for some other reasoning- like the salt losing saltiness passage.

2017/7/4 20:18Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Martyr wrote:

I'm sure you claim to have the Spirit of Truth but still believe false things (as do I). Can you answer me all questions of physics because the Spirit dwells in you? Thats silly.
------------------------

I think this is well stated and worthy of much consideration when thinking about and discussing the current topic.

2017/7/4 20:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy