SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Evan Roberts Quote
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Please don't get mad at me for this-

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Re:

Quote:
We live in a world of confusion. There's so much division over creation and what God says. If the earth is flat and has a dome, then you can have a world wide flood, and that also says there is a creator and you didn't evolve. Plus, you are then not an insignificant blob in a world of endless planets, stars etc. Then the Sun is not your greatest attraction, God would be.

On the other hand if we live in a globe, a world wide flood is impossible and if we are traveling through space at x miles per hour and as we spin we are just insignificant blobs. Evolution then can become a possibility because there are no absolutes. Science describes it as a matrix. As Bill Nye showed with his demonstration of the boat going on over the hill on the ocean completely out of sight, he said it was following the curve. He forgot that the water should have gone on over the hill as well. Water rolls off mountains into the ocean but when it reaches the ocean it doesn't go down that slope. Amazing! School is teaching our children evolution and a God less society.

I noticed the eyebrows raised when Mr Trump signed papers saying he wanted NASA to return to the moon during his term in office.

It's OK for you and me to be confused, There is an author of confusion. On a flat earth the sun could stand still and even go backward.

God won't condemn you for not knowing either way. he stands in amazement when people believe what he says.

The question of space vacuum has never been answered. Why does the vacuum not suck away the air around the earth?

I believe what God wrote about the sun standing still is true, even going backward.

Yes I am a flat earther, but I don't condemn you if you believe otherwise.

Biblical literalism at its finest people. A complete avoidance of reality to support a book they were told is 100% correct about everything. The bible is spiritually inerrant. It was written thousands of years ago why on earth would you take science lessons from them??

2017/7/3 14:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Roger with all due respect we do not live in a "snow globe." Your insistence on promoting your flat earth ridiculousnesss is embarrassing.

2017/7/3 15:30Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: ok yeah...

After pondering my OP and trying to wrap my head around the event in question, it occurred to me that not only would the earth have to stop spinning on its axis but also cease its rotational orbit as well as the moon following suit... as if everything stopped, or slowed to such a pace so as to "appear" to stop. In my (limited) understanding of astrophysics, geothermal, hydrothermal sciences and tectonics, it would be utterly catastrophic for the above to occur. Not that God couldn't pull it off but..... that's a mighty big response to Joshua's (command?) word, ha!
But it does say in vs 14 that, there'd never been a day like it before or after:)

I've gotta lot of research to do,... this is stuck in my craw-

2017/7/3 16:01Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Jfw, time and light are linked. It may mean nothing (I haven't looked into it) but perhaps the method God used is linked to that and had nothing to do with rotation. Just a thought, we may never know fully. I Wouldn't spend too much time on it personally but if you find anyrhing do share!

2017/7/3 16:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Just an aside-- apparently the original Hebrew text dies not demand that it was light for 24 hrs- it could also be read to say it was dark 24 hrs.

That doesn't make the problem go away but I thought it was interesting.
---------------
"Joshua 10 is a bit ambiguous about the nature of the “long day.” It is possible to interpret the event as an extra-long night rather than an extra-long day. In fact, most Old Testament scholars assert that the extra-long night is the most likely interpretation. Furthermore, the original Hebrew text does not require any adjustment in the positions or movements of the Sun, Moon, or Earth.

What the text demands is God bringing an extra period of light or darkness into the Valley of Aijalon. God could have brought about such effects through a supernatural meteorological event that blanketed the region with heavy darkness or refracted or reflected extra light into the desired location. Alternately, God could have shone his Shekinah glory into the Valley of Aijalon or used His “hand” to block out the Sun and Moon’s light.

Isaiah and the chroniclers describe a more outstanding miraculous event in Isaiah 38–39, 2 Kings 20, and 2 Chronicles 32. After the miraculous defeat of the Assyrian army, Judah’s King Hezekiah became deathly ill. The Lord healed him and gave him a sign to confirm his healing—moving the shadow of Hezekiah’s sundial back by 40 minutes.

This backward movement of sundial shadows was also witnessed in Babylon. Interestingly, the Babylonians recognized their god Marduk could not perform such a miracle. Therefore, they sent a delegation to Jerusalem to find out from the real God the reason for the event.

The miraculous movement of the sundial shadows could have occurred over the entire region extending from Jerusalem to Babylon or it may have been limited to just the cities of Jerusalem and Babylon. God could have manipulated meteorological conditions at the same time in both Babylon and Jerusalem. It is hard to imagine, however, God manipulating meteorological conditions so that sundials over the entire region between Jerusalem and Babylon would have their shadows shifted by 40 minutes without bringing about far more disturbing meteorological consequences. Alternatively, God could have temporarily shone some kind of transcendent light, like His Shekinah glory, into the cities of Jerusalem and Babylon or even upon the entire region between Jerusalem and Babylon."~~Dr. Hugh Ross

2017/7/3 16:20Profile
proudpapa

The God of the Bible is not bound by the laws of the natural , He is Supernatural !

The Bible is a Book that testifies of the miraculous.

I do not need to have a Scientific explanation for how Peter Walked on Water, It was beyound the natural it was Supernatural.

I do not need to have a Scientific explanation for how the waters of the red sea parted or how Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and it turned into a snake.

Or how a grown man is swallowed by a fish/wale and survives in its belly for 3 days.

Or how a man can have super human strength as did Samson.

or how Jesus turned the water to wine or the Feeding the multitude

etc. etc. etc.

2017/7/3 16:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

PP-

Bottom line I agree with you. God could have stopped all motion in the universe without any ill effects had he wanted to do so.

We certainly don't need to turn to a flat earth theory to explain the miracle.

2017/7/3 16:50Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// Well we know the sun doesn't move. Guys the people that wrote the Old Testament were not supermen. Joshua did not know how the universe worked so when he saw that event and recorded it he did so according to his knowledge. He was wrong.///

The sun does move.

and

Technically, Earth Does Not Orbit Around the Sun

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/technically_the_earth_does_not_orbit_the_sun.html

2017/7/3 17:30Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Your splitting hairs, you known what is meant

2017/7/3 19:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: another one?

Ok I really need to slowly reread the scriptures....
2 Kings 20:9-11
9 ¶ And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?
10 ¶ And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.
11 ¶ And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

Also I noticed in Genesis it says God placed the sun, moon etc... "in" the firmament...

This is more interesting than I'd imagined-

2017/7/3 20:04Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy