SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christianity and politics - Advice?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am not a fan of Trump myself but then the alternative isn't any better. I will champion Trump when he is right but when he is wrong I will not champion that as well but I won't defend Trump on everything he says. I think he is loopy. When I find myself getting too close to politics then slow myself down and begin to back away a bit and get back closer to the Gospel because the Gospel will not absorb politics but politics will absorb the Gospel and make it all political.

2017/7/1 10:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Esther,

As I think about this issue we must realize the thrust behind it: it is all about power, trying to wreck others reception of what is right - the issue is irrelevant. In this case it concerns marriage, a deeply held concept - held by people ever since creation. People instinctively know a marriage is between a biologically-born male and biologically-born female. What they want to place in its stead will not fly. You can depend on it.

Did you notice the terms I used in the above paragraph - biologically-born male/female? Do you know our church is being advised by people who have been in contact with attorneys that we need to modify our church constitution that will spell out in legal language our position on these issues? and....this language requires pages and pages? Drives me nuts! I think the legal profession must be populated and ruled by people with OCD - Obsessive Compulsion Disorder and the devil.

Sandra

2017/7/1 10:34Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Ha, Sandra

I really noticed that "biologically-born". I have heard also something like that in our lectures. See the absurdity:

When one kills himself in German it is 'Selbstmord' (self-suicide). But they told us that's not correct term to use anymore, we should say "Suizid" - and the point is, they say, that we do not add any moral value or somehow judge that action.

The same goes with the term "Abtreibung" (which gives a sense of rejecting something, in this case a baby), that's abortion in English. But they said, we should call it "Schwangerschaftsabbruch" - meaning termination of a pregnancy. Again with the same idea as above, to "neutralise" the term.

And another example from psychology - when treating alcoholics, we should kind of try to communicate that "It is not their fault!" but that they are rather victims of their circumstances. I know circumstances play an important role, but that sounds to me... not very Christian or biblical.

So I totally understand what you say. They might even demand that we do not call people sinners or depraved. But if the government tries to change the gospel (Edit: or to control our mouths) - we should not give in.

2017/7/1 11:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy