Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God seeks a man of prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 God seeks a man of prayer

“It’s not people seeking God it’s God seeking a man “The Lord sought a man” and He’s always doing that. Not for a group of men, not for a drama group or a rock group or a singing group of which there are scores around the world. I can only speak with some measure of authority concerning my own country but if you knew anything about Britain you will know to what amazing extent Christian entertainment has taken over Evangelical circles.

But God is looking for a man “He saw that there was no man and wondered”, wondered that there was no one to intervene or no intercessor. In the book of Revelations every letter to the seven Churches close with this statement: “He that hath an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the Churches.” Just one man who will get off the Evangelical treadmill and take time to hear what the Lord would say and all the frantic rush and feverish activity of today in our Churches.

It was A. W. Tozer, such a friend to me in my Chicago days (Redpath pastored the Moody Church from 1955 to 1962). Such an encourager who says in his book, I think “The Pursuit Of God” That if the Holy Spirit where withdrawn from our Churches today 95% of what we do would go on and nobody would know any different and if the Holy Spirit where withdrawn from the New Testament Church 95% of what they did would stop and everybody would know the difference.” That’s not popular preaching but it hits me right between the eyes, right between the eyes.

What a dichotomy there is between in the Church meeting, between the nice, neat, orthodox, sound evangelical prayer which opens proceedings and the release benediction for which they finish and what goes on between all the time in which the Holy Spirit hasn’t even had a vote. But we ask ourselves “How can we possibly intervene in society today?” And the answer from the word of God is there is no area in which the Christian can intervene in society but one. And that is intervention through prevailing, battling, victorious praying. He has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. (Eph 1:3) And I must get in there and claim all that God has for me in Jesus.”

-- Alan Redpath, God seeks a man of prayer

2017/6/21 13:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy