SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CAN ANYONE SOLVE THIS MYSTERY?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Re:

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Tell me, in what way(s) did Moses write of Christ?

2017/6/22 22:50Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Dear MrBillPro:

I appreciate your comment, believe me. However, I would argue that the foundation on which the action of proclaiming the gospel stands is the authority of the scriptures, hence why I believe it is important to have this conversation with Martyr.

As much as we get our hands dirty by addressing these issues, I believe that in the end, it allows us to grow and brings glory to God. Sometimes, kicking and screaming is God's path to wisdom.

Years ago, I walked in the shoes of Martyr. In many ways, I see in him a younger version of myself. I am talking to him as I would have wanted someone to talk to me. I needed people to speak the truth to me. I was very arrogant (not that I am immune to arrogance today!) and independent, and even claimed that the Holy Spirit was my teacher, not men. Boy, was I deceived. God had mercy on me.

In paradoxical ways, God revealed the importance of ecclesiology and doctrine in powerful displays of discipline and answers to prayer. Now, I seek to strike a balance between the two. I do go out to proclaim the gospel in the highways and byways. But I also recognize the vessel through which God preserves the truth, and the foundation on which all godly activity stands.

Anyways, thanks for your comment and your good intentions, MrBillPro. May God continue to bless you and use you for the glory of His Name.

Blessings,
Renoncer

2017/6/22 23:11Profile
proudpapa

Martyr

Allegorical/Spiritual but to See it, Starts with Faith /Belief that what you are reading is Supernaturally Inspired

Tell me this why is there so many details in Scripture ?

2017/6/22 23:15Profile
Renoncer

Re: Martyr

Dear Martyr:

We already agree on the fact that Moses pointed us to Christ, so I will not argue about that fact. We are in the same camp. :)

On a different note, Martyr, the more I read your posts, the more I'm curious about your background. What's your church background? What's your experience in serving the Lord? I'm just trying to get a picture of the man behind the posts. I know that some people might get offended at my probing about personal matters, but I think that it's important to keep the human factor in these discussions. I know that God does. I'm curious as to the path that the Lord is taking you on, and where it might lead in the future. I'm especially interested in how the Lord is shaping you for the purpose of using you for the advancement of His kingdom.

Blessings,
Renoncer

2017/6/22 23:17Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Renoncer,

If you wish to delve into more personal matters my email is listed in my profile. I Do not wish to share such things on a public forum. I work doubles Friday, Saturday and Sunday so if you do email me know it might be hard for me to get back to you until monday

2017/6/23 14:23Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Hi Martyr:

What are you afraid of? Are you hiding something?

A servant of the Lord would have no problem coming in the light so that his deeds might be known.

John 3:20-21 - "For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

You don't have to give confidential information, but at least it would be nice to know that you have actually been involved in building the church and working with others in the church to edify the body of Christ.

There are too many people who work under the cloak of darkness, pretending to be serving the church but really undermining its foundation. The truth is that God doesn't just deal with people individually, but as part of a covenantal body. That's why He cares about how we work with the rest of the body of Christ. He also cares about His Word because His character is reflected in it.

Just to make it clear, we're talking about primary doctrines of the faith. That's why it's so important. Unfortunately, many people do not realize these things because they have not received simple instructions about the fundamentals of Christianity. That is why I strongly urge you to read Michael Horton's book, "The Christian Faith."

Blessings,
Renoncer

2017/6/24 7:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy