SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CAN ANYONE SOLVE THIS MYSTERY?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Re:

Nope. Christ is still the same and He is order, more exactly he is the order of all creation and in that order it is male and female. Don't even need a bible to know that just need to look around and see the order that has been established. Many cultures even before the bible disproved of homosexuality. It is not a christian concept it is a Christ concept (again he is the order of all things, not a book)

2017/6/21 11:05Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Martyr,

I was under the impression that most of the people on this forum believed that the Bible is the Word of God. If you don't need The Book, you just keep on inventing your own belief system with whatever blows across your finite brain.

I personally need something more solid and sure to base my beliefs on.

2017/6/21 11:15Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

I find Christ to be a very firm foundation

2017/6/21 11:23Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

I would think most Christians would consider Jesus to be the Word of God

2017/6/21 11:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So Michael do you go around kissing all the guys at your church?

You are putting way way yonder too much emphasis on a little closing statement that NT writers tacked on at the end of their letters. Even back then I don't believe it was intended as a command but rather as an encouragemt to show affection for their fellow believers.

2017/6/21 11:31Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Michael,

The issue you point out regarding how one views scripture is correct, but your conclusion is not.

Understanding that certain statements are made within the cultural setting (such as a holy kiss) and can be interpreted and applied in a similar but different cultural way does not mean that the bible is not complete and 100% The word of God.
If one cannot distinguish between such things as cultural greetings and the essential nature of sexual morality and the natural order of a man and a women it is becuse they don't want to and have an agenda.

As a point of interest, I am currently in Turkey and here all the guys greet one another with a formal kiss on both cheeks, however not with us 'westerners' they shake our hands. :) They can distinguish between different cultures, why can't anyone?

2017/6/21 12:23Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Post by lorddoitagain : If you don't need The Book, you just keep on inventing your own belief system with whatever blows across your finite brain.

The people who wrote the bible did just fine don't you think? They had nothing to go by but the witness on their hearts, we have Christ in us!! This is a huge fallacy in your way of thinking. Can you address it?

2017/6/21 12:39Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I have kissed a brother with a Holy kiss. It is the result of the love that God shed upon one's heart for your brother in Christ.

If the Holy Spirit is in it, you will know the difference between fleshly lust and Spiritual love. Has nothing to do with culture.

2017/6/21 12:45Profile
Sree

Re:

I do not believe Greeting with Holy Kiss is a command. I believe greeting is a command, we in our church, greet all brothers after the meeting is over. We spend time fellowshiping with one another. It is spirit that is important not the actual word. If we follow kissing but miss the actual fellowship part then what is the purpose of following the command? Understand the spirit behind all the commands of God.

Jesus himself said that my word is Spirit. If we ignore the spirit and literally take up only the word then we will easily become a pharisee.

Think about this scenario, suppose you practice holy kissing because it is a command of God and then kiss a brother who is struggling with homosexuality, are you not leading him to temptation? William Booth, stopped breaking of bread in his Church because the wine used in the church reminded some of the former drunkards to go back to their drinking habit. Is not breaking of Bread a command? The spirit that is important not the letter. By following an external command if I am making a brother to stumble then I will not follow it.

Also Bible commands, eat whatever is sold in market without asking question. But we are also commanded not to eat meat when there is a weak brother who does not eat meat sit next to you. So it is the spirit that is important here.

Same way, kissing of same sex is perverted in this society, hence it is not wise to practice it just for the sake of practicing and then bring dishonor to the name of God. I would personally not practice it.

2017/6/21 12:57Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Heydave wrote:"Michael,

Understanding that certain statements are made within the cultural setting (such as a holy kiss) and can be interpreted and applied in a similar but different cultural way does not mean that the bible is not complete and 100% The word of God.
If one cannot distinguish between such things as cultural greetings and the essential nature of sexual morality and the natural order of a man and a women it is becuse they don't want to and have an agenda.

As a point of interest, I am currently in Turkey and here all the guys greet one another with a formal kiss on both cheeks, however not with us 'westerners' they shake our hands. :) They can distinguish between different cultures, why can't anyone?"

Heydave, you are leaving it to the "common sense" of the person to decide which things should be taken as they are written and which things should be changed to fit the culture. We have a same-sex couple in our town that has been together for 25 years and go to a Christian church and are known as "great Christians". To them, those statements that condemn sodomy are culturally relative.

Your friends in Turkey understand that Western Christians are under the delusion that things like men holding hands, hugging, putting their arms around each other or kissing are sexually inspired actions. They've seen your withdrawals and shocked looks too many times. I have friends on Facebook in Pakistan who do all of those things and publish the pictures. In those countries where there is much more open display of physical affection between men, there is much much less sodomy.

So when does the church stop and analyze its culturally accepted beliefs in light of The Word?

2017/6/21 13:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy