SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise

The Shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise
By Dutch Sheets:

Yesterday morning, a United States Congressman was shot. Rep. Steve Scalise was at a baseball field in Arlington, VA, with about 20 other Congressmen, getting ready to practice for a charity game on Thursday. James Hodgkinson, a 66-year old Bernie Sanders supporter who appeared to harbor serious anti-Trump sentiments, purposefully opened fire on the GOP Congressmen, some staff members, and Capitol police gathered there. Rep Scalise is in critical condition and five others have varying levels of injury, with a couple hospitalized. The gunman is dead. Is this how far our political division is driving us? God, unify us!

“’In your anger, do not sin’: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.” (Ephesians 4:26-27; NIV)

Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:

We must take Christ’s position as Intercessor and we must pray.
Pray for all victims and families involved. Pray for comfort and healing of the physical and emotional trauma.
Pray into this political divide that is tearing us apart. Deal with any anger you harbor—any hatred in your heart, no matter how seemingly insignificant. Forgive those you feel offended at over political differences.
Now, ask God for unity and to heal our nation. He will hear you.
A prayer you can pray:

Father, I choose to take up the position of Christ, the Intercessor, on behalf of my nation. Lord, heal those who were injured or traumatized. Heal the hearts of all victims’ family members. Lord, prepare me to stand with authority in this divisive gap in America. I repent of any anger I hold toward others. Shine Your bright Holy Ghost spotlight on my heart. Uncover any offense I hold toward others due to political differences. I repent of harboring that political spirit. Free me, Jesus. Do the same for many in America. Free my nation! Heal us and unify us, Lord. I know you can! Amen.

Today’s decree:

God will deliver the United States from hatred and divisive anger as the Church humbles themselves to pray.

2017/6/15 7:45Profile
docs

Re: The Shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise

That's a beautiful and meaningful prayer but there is a righteous anger of sorts that can fuel efforts at change and renewal. Why unify with people who will be back doing the same type of inciting before next week is out? Why pray for unity when it has reached the point that certain people and views need to be overturned and ran out of the temple so to speak? I heard one of them this morning say there is no cause for alarm because things are actually better than they have ever been!!! I like his thoughts and his prayer though and will read it again. Thanks much for posting.

2017/6/15 9:22Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Steve Scalise Medical Update: Congressman Has ‘Improved’ In Last 24 Hours:

Steve Scalise's condition still critical, but improving after third surgery, hospital officials say.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/article_3b78edde-51ef-11e7-9852-47108756578d.html

2017/6/16 9:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Shooter Had List of Other Pro Life Congressmen:

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/06/16/shooter-james-hodgkinson-had-list-of-other-pro-life-congressmen-to-assassinate-in-his-pocket/

2017/6/17 6:40Profile
docs

Re:

"But if you bite and devour one another take care lest you be consumed g by one another." (Gal 5:15)

My memory is that when Ronald Reagan was elected a great and hotheaded swelling movement long on low reaching personal insults rose against him. I remember thinking this is really something I've never seen before. Worse and worse it has gotten as the two major parties seek to acquire, possess and control their constituents. And the kingdom of God stands totally and dramatically apart from this hate fest going on. Life and death are in the power of the tongue and unrestrained tongues have created a now dangerous environment. The patchwork Frankeinstein of secular unity has now gotten up off the table and is running amok in the laboratory. The only real remedy is spiritual.

2017/6/17 8:15Profile
EAGLEFLYING

God will deliver the United States from hatred and divisive anger as the Church humbles themselves to pray.

Amen and Amen.
Today I will have no anger or unforgiveness in my heart..
Daily prayer by A.B.Simpson.

2017/6/23 20:18Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Representative Steve Scalise is now
out of intensive care:

Praise God for answered prayer!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/23/rep-steve-scalise-out-intensive-care.html

2017/6/24 8:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy