SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Earliest Homo sapiens fossils found in Morocco

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Earliest Homo sapiens fossils found in Morocco

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Technology/wireStory/us-earliest-fossils-species-found-morocco-47892104

From the article: "The Moroccan specimens were found between 2007 and 2011 and include a skull, a jaw and teeth, along with stone tools. Combined with other bones that were found there decades ago but not correctly dated, the fossil collection represents at least five people, including young adults, an adolescent and a child of around 8 years old. Analysis shows their brain shape was more elongated than what people have today.

"In the last 300,000 years, the main story is the change of the brain," Hublin said.

When these ancient people lived, the site in Morocco was a cave that might have served as a hunting camp, where people butchered and ate gazelles and other prey. They used fire and their tools were made of flint from about 25 miles (40 kilometers) away."
-----------------------

My wife and I had a fairly heated but fun argument about this topic(but not this specific article) a couple of weeks ago.

I told her that based on the biblical record I have a hard time figuring out who the "cave men" (i.e. primitive men) were and how they fit in. In biblical record man immediately had high intellect, used tools, language, worshiped, built cities, etc.

I won't say the specifics of her theory, which I had not heard before, but I adamantly disagreed. But hey she might be right.

2017/6/8 11:38Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Earliest Homo sapiens fossils found in Morocco

I knew the earth was older than 6000 years!! LOL

Have a sense of humor!! :)

2017/6/8 12:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Even if the earth is only 6000 years old (which I certainly don't concede) the question still remains where primitive cave men go in the Bible record. It is actually HARDER to account for them if the earth is only 6000 years old.

2017/6/8 13:30Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

If God created man in his image, God would not have created a primitive caveman.

2017/6/8 16:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yet they appear to have existed- that's the problem.

Could God have created beings with human DNA yet not in his image?

2017/6/8 16:57Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Todd you put far too much faith in the opinions of the blind world and their curcular reasoning. There are easy explanations about so called cave men, but I don't have time now. Just consider the current day headhunter type tribes people who live primitive lives. Are they lesser humans or less intelligent? May be ignorant, but not less intellectually capable!

2017/6/8 17:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Of course I know about them but where do they fit into the biblical record? If all known peoples were at Babel, they were all of a certain mental/social capability. Then they were dispersed per the story.

The only explanation I can really think of is sudden isolation. But I think sudden isolation today would create primitive people quicker than back then, because we rely so much on technology. For example, if I was suddenly isolated on a desert island I am sure my house would look pretty shaky.

2017/6/8 18:13Profile

Re:

Don't forget there was a flood. That could have thrown back human development. Just a thought.

Always thought that the flood eliminated the dinosaurs. Hard to swallow that a meteor struck the earth and brought the demise of the dinosaurs.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/8 18:29
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

True Bear but Babel was post flood.

I think this topic is very interesting. Hope no one minds.

2017/6/8 20:19Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Have you seen the new documentary "Is Genesis History?"

It addresses this as well as most other "paradigm" issues quite well:)

2017/6/8 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy