SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Get Your Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Get Your Healing

I want to take a look at how to receive your healing explained in a way that will be easy to understand and it is right out of The Bible. In Proverbs 4:20-23 it says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." In that context the word health is translated- medicine, healing, remedy, cure. And the word heart is not talking about your blood pump, but your spirit.

In the New Testament Jesus taught a parable called the parable of the sower. And in that parable he says, a man went out to sow seed and he describes the different kinds of ground that the seed was sown in. In that parable the seed is the word of God and the different kinds of ground it is sown into is the heart(spirit). Notice, Jesus said when the seed(the word of God) is sown in good ground it brings forth fruit. Notice, back in Proverbs 4 it says to keep the word in the midst of your heart. In other words keep the seed in the ground. Your eyes, ears, and mouth are entrances to your spirit. And Romans 1:16 says that the word of God is the power of God.

If you look back in Genesis 1 God established some things that you should know about. One, every seed produces after its kind. Meaning rose seeds produce roses. Apple seeds produce apples. Two, every seed is the product of a finished work. In other words God had to do the work first in order for you to have the seed. Third, the finished work is in the seed. Now, here is a good point seed is not for God to do something, but for you to receive something. But, know this a seed with all its ability does nothing until it is planted in the soil.

And every seed needs to be watered. And according to the word it is also water. Ephesians 5:26 says, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." It's the seed planted and watered that gets the increase. 1Corinthians 3:6 says, "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." God wants to increase the seeds of his word, but He needs your cooperation. For Isaiah 55:10 says, that water maketh the earth bring forth. I like that because that let's me know that something has to happen. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Now, lets take a look at the soil for in Proverbs 4:23 it says, to keep or guard your heart(spirit) with all diligence. Because, whatever you continually enter into your spirit will increase into manifestation into your life. Notice, in the parable of the sower in Mark 4 Jesus said, "So is the kingdom of God, as if a man cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of itself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear." And according to Luke 17:21 the kingdom of God is within you.

Now I see why Proverbs 18:14 says, "The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity." It's based on what you sow into it. And if all you take in is information based on the condition then that's all the fruit that can be produced. That's why it says to plant the seed of the word. You plant the seed of the word to reap a harvest of healing. If rose seeds produce roses and apple seeds produce apples then healing seed produces healing. The seed lets you know what it will produce. So, God's word "By whose stripes ye were healed" will produce the healing. So, healing power is waiting on you to activate it.

If you want to see that in the scriptures, remember Abraham when God said that his seed would be like the stars in the sky. But, all Abram said was that he had no seed. God had to get him speaking in line with the promise so what did He do God changed his name. Abram means high father and Abraham means father of a great multitude. What was God doing getting him to plant and water the seed Gen. 17:5. And notice in that verse God said He changed his name for a father of many nations have I made thee. Notice even though Abraham didn't see it in the natural the seed was the proof of it. And its fulfillment was in the seed itself.

Another example is in the book of Acts where a man impotent in his feet that was a cripple from his mother's womb sat and listened to Paul preach. And when Paul perceived that the man had faith to be healed Paul called out to the man, "Stand upright on thy feet" and the man leaped and walked. Now, the man was just sitting their listening to Paul preach and gets healed. Most likely Paul was there preaching for a while. He preached long enough to plant and water the seed of the word and God gave the increase. Notice in both instances their healing was in the seed. And your healing is in the seed.

2017/6/5 19:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy