SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  The Word of God by Keith Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

The Word of God by Keith Daniel

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4633&commentView=itemComments

How important is it to read the Word of God? How often should we read it? Should it have a priority in our lives? In this sermon, you will discover not only just how important it is to read God's Word, but that we should also be hungering and thirsting after our devotional, one-on-one time with the Lord. "Sin will keep me from the Bible, but the Bible will keep me from sin."

2017/6/4 10:42Profile

Re: The Word of God by Keith Daniel

This is my fourth or fifth time listening to this message. Each time it is always an encouragement to immerse myself or as our brother would say soak myself in the word of God.

Thank you PP for posting. For if we would truly take to heart this message. Then perhaps we truly would see the revival that we along and pray for.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/5 11:24
docs

Re: Authority

The word author comes from the word authority and therefore the authority behind something stems from who the author is. The written word in the Bible derives its authority from the fact that God is its author.

2017/6/5 12:36Profile

Re: The Word of God by Keith Daniel

WOW....This reminds me of the Lord saying to return to our first love in the book of Revelation. God is our first love, Jesus is the Word who was made flesh, Jesus is our rest. It's all intricately woven together so beautifully. These passages of scripture came to mind.....the Lord is so worthy!

Hebrews 4:11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

No other book is living and powerful.

Job 23:10 But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
11 My foot has held fast to His steps;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.
12 I have not departed from the commandment of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth
More than my necessary food.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.
106 I have sworn and confirmed
That I will keep Your righteous judgments.
107 I am afflicted very much;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.

2017/6/5 13:48

Re: Sherri2

Good scriptures you shared sister. I remember many years ago a godly young woman exhorted me to be in the word. I can still hear Kim's gentle voice in my ear. Her exhortation to me was fill your mind with the word of God. I have tried to follow her exhortation to this day.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/5 16:45

Re: Brother Blaine

Brother, somehow many trials have stirred up such a deep hunger for the Lord even more than before. You know, there are times we read the Word of God over and over, but something you didn't quite understand pops out at you and becomes more clear....it's like digging for treasure and finding the most precious, rare gems. The more we read, hear, and do the Word of God....the more we grow up into Jesus and our Faith increases.

This passage is so precious: Revelation 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

2017/6/5 17:44

Re: Sherri

___You know, there are times we read the Word of God over and over, but something you didn't quite understand pops out at you and becomes more clear__

My sister there are no summer reruns with God's precious word.

Have you listened to brother Keith's message that PP posted. Such an encouragement for us to get into the word of God and be built up in the faith.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/5 19:10

Re: Bro Blaine

""Have you listened to brother Keith's message that PP posted. Such an encouragement for us to get into the word of God and be built up in the faith.""

Yes, I listened to it. It was timely.

2017/6/5 19:15

Re:

Again I'm always intrigued by brother Daniel's message on the word of God. If reading the word of God could change once life as it did for brother Daniel's father. As it did for D.L. Moody. What would listening to the word of God through the night and during the day do for me.

I have decided to embark on a 30 day experiment to see what would happen. My intention is to listen to the New Testament through the night and day consistently. I will try to blog any changes to Spirit may bring to my life in this thread.

I know I want my life to be changed through the hearing of His word. For indeed the scriptures do say faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of Christ. Dear God increase my faith through the hearing of your word.

At this point I feel like I have nothing to lose through increasing more intake of the word. And everything to gain.

Bro Blaine

2017/6/25 7:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy