SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How Do We Define Sound Teaching?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Isaiah the miniature Bible

I do not think that this will produce faith in someone who doubts but I believe it can strengthen many peoples faith in Gods Sovereign hand on the Scriptures.

There are 66 books in the Bible there are 66 chapters in Isaiah.

Some have shown parallels of themes between each chapter of Isaiah and each book of the Scripture

One example

The New Testament is the 40th Book of the Bible, So we go to the 40th Chapter of Isaiah

we go to verse 3 and it says :

" The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

That was the 3rd verse of the 40th Chapter of Isaiah

Now we go to the 3rd verse of the 3rd chapter of the 40th Book of the Bible :

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

2017/6/2 9:57Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Proudpapa,this completely and perfectly reflects what I said in my last post here. You have a pre conceived belief and because of that you see things to defend your belif deespite the complete illogic of the reasoning to get there. There are not 66 chapters in the book of Isaiah, a Catholic priest subdivided it that way. A Catholic priest that most certainly held to the apocrypha.

Even if there was, what does that prove?? Are you suggesting that God had the Catholic priest divide it that way just so Luther's bible (after much debating about what books he wanted in and out such as Jude and James) could be justified? Doesn't that seem a bit too convenient and very very illogical?

I don't want to sound mean but that is an absurd way of thinking. Christ is Logos, reasoning, logic. That just doesn't make sense.

2017/6/2 10:22Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

This thread was not made to discuss the apocrypha but I would like to because it gets to the meat of what I'm trying to get at. We stand upon a foundation of other men and accept those teachings as true despite not knowing the source and motivations behind those teachings. If we do not see what we are standing on how can we be sure it's of Christ? And if it's not we are not in truth no matter how much we deceive ourselves and no matter how we feel we are with God. This is a big problem. And we wonder why revival hasn't come! Can a plant with a bad root be made well?? Where do we come from?

Every plant that the father has not planted will be plucked up by the roots. Are our roots HIM or were they planted by those who came before us?

2017/6/2 10:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Tyler- I know where you are coming from but it is an exercise in futility. There has always been disagreement on scripture interpretation, even among the earliest church fathers. There is no "gold standard" to go to.

You have simply trust that if you read scripture God will lead you to the truth. So it is indeed a faith issue.

Personally, I like Bible teachers who, when teaching, point out the various differing views and the pros and cons (based on scriptural support) of each view. Steve Gregg is very good at this. He will say which view he thinks is correct, but also admits he could be wrong so he never comes across as overly dogmatic.

Thankfully most disputing is not over "life or death" issues.

2017/6/2 11:38Profile
proudpapa

Re: Martyr

I am content with the answers I gave.

What is your answers to the questions that you pose ?

add : RE /// Even if there was, what does that prove?? Are you suggesting that God had the........///

I am suggesting that the Scriptures are inspired.
And that the nature that they testify of themselves is true.

2017/6/2 11:45Profile
Martyr

United States

Re: Martyr

TMK- I think its more futile to stay in ignorance and yet ask God to send us a revival.

Proudpapa - I don't know, all I know is within my church and the protestant movement at large there is an aptitude for blind acceptance of teachings from dubious sources (while other more credible ones are discarded). When people don't have reasoning they cite faith. Christ is logic, Christ is reason. I am not an anarchist, I believe in the authority of the prophet within the church (are there any left?) But everyone has their own agenda and no one seems willing to take the truth anywhere except where it's comfortable. But Christ is truth and he DAY will tell whether or not our foundation was on Christ or the teachings of men.

2017/6/2 11:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Who said anything about staying in ignorance?

Study the scriptures like a madman- just realize that someone else studying the same scriptures like a madman may reach some different conclusions. Nothing to panic about.

The important thing: what did the HS reveal to YOU?

2017/6/2 12:20Profile
proudpapa

Martyr

RE : /// I don't know ///

You mock others for what they believe but you offer no alternative answers ??

2017/6/2 12:31Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I'm not panicking over that. Im saying our way of viewing has been eskewed by those who came before us and we are unwilling to reexamine ourselves and what we believe in truth. That is why I brought up the apocrypha because it's a good example of this.

2017/6/2 12:32Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Guys thanks for responding and for your insight. I think I'm done here

2017/6/2 12:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy