SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Bubba68

North Carolina, USA

Hi

Bubba here. I just signed up, I've stumbled across this site before but didn't know there was a forum. Lot's of great content, especially my favorite, Horatius Bonar.

I am 48 years old and live in the South. Although my family was a-religious, I have always been drawn to God. My relationship with the Faith has been tumultuous to say the least, likely due to bad teaching along with my own mental proclivities. I spent a good part of my 20s and 30s running away from Christianity, even for a while embracing atheism. It took me awhile to get back, but here I am, although I still wrestle with assurance. The remedy for that of course is the gospel itself, what it says and what it means. For the last few months I've had the conviction that whenever I ask myself "how can I know I'm saved" I'm asking the wrong question. The right question is what has God done to save me. Turning inward is almost always a bad idea, especially for one like me, who is introspective, sometimes extremely so.

So here I am.

2017/5/31 20:19Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Hi

Glad you joined SI Rob! Welcome!

Please always remember, Jesus said "Whoever comes to Me I will never turn away." John 6:37. You can never go wrong if you trust Him.

If there is any way I can help you, prayer etc. please don't hesitate to ask.

God bless you.

2017/5/31 21:29Profile
Bubba68

North Carolina, USA

Re:

Thanks, man.

2017/6/2 2:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy