SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does Noah's ark represent in New Covenant?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

What does Noah's ark represent in New Covenant?

I always thought Noah's ark represent Church the Body of Christ in New Covenant. But want to know what others think?

2017/5/31 9:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: What is Noah's ark represent in New Covenant?

Just wondering why you think it has to represent anything in the new covenant.

2017/5/31 10:00Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Just wondering why you think it has to represent anything in the new covenant.

Everything in OT is a shadow of NT. Which means it is a symbol of something realistic in NT. For example the entire Exodus is a picture of God saving us from our slavery to Sin. Israel the promise land is a picture of the victorious christian life in which the giants are defeated.

Also Bible talks about Noah's flood being a picture of water baptism. (1 Peter 3:20).

Hence there should a spiritual meaning to the ark. I always thought it to be Church. The fellowship between animals which totally cannot coexist in close proximity etc, gives me a picture and meaning of Church.

2017/5/31 10:53Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

I cannot claim that I have divine revelation on this as some say the ark is Christ but I like to think of the ark as the church and the door to the ark as Christ. Remember the door was sealed from the outside?

So believers enter the Church through the door, Christ, and are kept from judgement

God bless,

2017/5/31 12:17Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

So believers enter the Church through the door, Christ, and are kept from judgement

That is a good point. I never thought about the door. I cannot accept Christ to be the ark as well. He should be the door. The water is the picture of baptism, or new birth.

2017/5/31 12:41Profile
Renoncer

Re: IT WAS POINTING TO CHRIST

In the same way that seven people were saved because of Noah's righteousness by finding refuge in the ark and thereby escaped the coming destruction of the world, likewise, those who are united with Christ through faith in Him are saved because of Jesus' righteousness by finding refuge in Him and thereby escaping the coming destruction of the world.

The water ordeal of Noah's flood was a type of baptism, which pointed forward to the real baptism that now saves you, not the sign of water that cleanses your flesh, but what it signifies, namely, the internal washing of your heart and conscience.

Matthew 24:37-39, Hebrews 11:7, 1 Peter 3:18-22, Colossians 2:12, 2 Peter 3:5-7, Romans 5:19, Titus 3:5-7.

2017/5/31 13:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy