SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : He is afflcited in our afflictions.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

He is afflcited in our afflictions.

In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.(Isa 63:9)

Think about that brothers and sisters. In all of their afflictions He was afflicted. Don't let anyone tell you the Lord does not feel the pain of His people. It is for this very reason that He sent His Son, His great love for His people. He carries us on angels wings, He carries us in everything. He carries us when we are low, He carries us when there seems to be nowhere to go. In all of our afflictions He saves us, He redeems us and he bares us up lest we dash ourselves on the rocks of life and circumstances.

But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.(Isa 63:10)

Brothers and sisters, this is a scary verse that follows verse 9. Can you say that you are not in rebellion against Him? Have you checked your spirit lest you have been deceived by your heart? Is it possible that you have vexed the Spirit of God? What is the way back if you find yourself in that situation today?

For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: (Psa 51:3-4)Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit ;For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Let all rebellion fall away, let us not vex the Holy Spirit of God. Let us move in humility and a contrite heart and remember that in our afflictions he is afflicted. Parents know well the pain of watching an adult child go down a wrong path. It is a unique agony. God the Father knows well the pain of His people, He sees their afflictions and it causes Him pain. Yet, He rejoices at the return of His child to Him, remember the reaction of the Prodigal Father. Run back to Him this day if you have wandered away. Trust Him today if you are afflicted, He knows and He is with you.....bro Frank

2017/5/14 12:55
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: He is afflcited in our afflictions.

"Let all rebellion fall away, let us not vex the Holy Spirit of God. Let us move in humility and a contrite heart and remember that in our afflictions he is afflicted."

Excellent post Frank!

Much of the affliction within the Church today is self induced because of disobedience and rebellion, and God promises us in His Word that He would chasten or discipline all of His Children because of His great love so that we would be partakers of His holiness.

We know that there are many dedicated Christians that are following the Lord with all of their hearts that are going through severe trials, and it is so important for them to know that The Son of God understands what they are going through, and is easily touched with the feeling of their infirmities, because Jesus was tempted in every way that we are yet without sin, we know that we can come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, ever living to make intercession for the saints.
(Hebrews 4:15,16. 7:25).

2017/5/15 14:43Profile

Re:

Bro Mike writes.........

"The Son of God understands what they are going through, and is easily touched with the feeling of their infirmities"

Amen brother, He does indeed understand and Scripture testifies that He wept. The love of the Lord would render every ocean to but a single tear from the Masters eye. His love is all consuming..............bro Frank

2017/5/15 18:03
blueshawk

Thanks for your post Frank. The only way to a broken and contrite heart is to be broken. Praise God he takes pains to take us to that place so things are genuine, so often I'm blind to things. Recently, I was trying to help a brother but I ended up confessing to him that I was just feeding my pride. Thanks for this reminder and invitation and call to find the way home.

2017/5/15 18:42Profile

Re:

Blueshawk writes............

"The only way to a broken and contrite heart is to be broken."

Yes indeed. It has to be something or a series of things that are outwith our control, where the only decision to be made is to surrender it to God or fall back on the flesh. The old man screams to be justified, the new man falls down on his face...................bro Frank

2017/5/16 12:46
TakeUptheCross

Germany

I thought, I see this verse for a first time in my life... Amazing!

Some other translations read: "...Not an angel, nor a messenger but His presence [or He himself] helped them." (German)

2017/5/16 14:58Profile

Re:

It is an amazing Scripture Esther, full of hope and glory and a glimpse into the heart of God............bro Frank

2017/5/16 15:58
blueshawk

Re:

This can be a crazy journey learning Christ. Sometimes I lose my way but He doesn't lose me. You know what verse meant life this week? Isaiah 30:15, "For thus says the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength." Anyway, thanks Frank. May God continue to give you grace in Christ.

2017/5/17 6:30Profile

Re:

Phil 1:6 For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

It is a crazy journey Blue, He indeed is our strength and may He continue to strengthen you and may and all the saints.........bro Frank

2017/5/17 8:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy