Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Honoring and Praying For Our Mothers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Honoring and Praying For Our Mothers

Honoring Our Mothers - Dutch Sheets:

Every living person on earth has a mother. Mothers are human beings, as varied in type and personality as the flowers many of us honor them with today. God’s heart is that we honor those that have given us life, for that reason alone. Most have sacrificed greatly at some point to give us the opportunity to experience the life we now have. Even those that were challenged by the daunting “motherhood” task, gave us challenges to overcome that have shaped who we have become. All are worthy of honor today.

“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” (Proverbs 31:26-27; ESV)
f

Thank God for your mom. If you had a mom who struggled to be there for you, be thankful that she chose to carry you and give you life.
Pray for your moms that are living. Intercede according to their unique desires and needs.
If your mom is no longer living, pray for those her life touched.
Give a flower to a mom today. It doesn’t have to be your own mom.
Pray for all those would-be moms who have lost a child or who remain single without an opportunity to hold the children they long for. Grieve with those who grieve. Be sensitive to them today.
A prayer you can pray:

“Father, I thank You for the woman who bore me. I know she struggled at times to be the best mom should could be. Sometimes she excelled at it and sometimes not. (Intercede here for your own mom. See the prayer points above to help you.) I pray for all the women who would love to be moms. Minister to those who have lost a child/children. Minister to the single women whose arms are yet empty and give them grace and hope for the future. Your Word says that many are the children of the barren woman. God, bless the mothers in our lives. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Today’s decree:

I decree that mothers shall be honored and blessed and that God would comfort the hearts of the wounded and hurting today.

2017/5/14 8:38Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: Honoring and Praying For Our Mothers

I don't very much like the spirit of "mother's day" because our honouring the mother turns into idol worship.

Surely it is written in the Bible "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth." And surely that is very important for the proper function of society! And yes, thank God (really) for God-fearing parents that teach their children the ways of the Lord! Thank God for all, who devote themselves so to God that they are example for us in love, in purity and in faith, in word... Oh that there be an increasing number of such godly people everywhere!

But let us never turn to (wo)men and sing "How great Thou art!", which you already understand, is a blasphemy! I don't despise the sacrifices of my parents! No, not at all! I am glad that by God's grace my parents have become my friends (and this is so important)... that oftentimes I may call and ask for an advice, that they have taught me the way of the Lord and God has shown me mercy! The Bible says:

"The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him. Let your father and mother be glad; let her who bore you rejoice." (Proverbs 23:25)

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John 4)

So, I believe that the greatest "present" a parent can give His child is to show them the way of the Lord. (And God is the One, who is always there even when parents are not around.) And the greatest joy for a parent should be to see their children following the Lord!

So, the point is that God gets the glory out of it all! Parents - putting first God, not their children; and children - obeying first God (and because of that also their parents). And so when everyone glorifies God in his own sphere, we will glorify God together for the wonderful things He has done in and through us!

"I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel [Sarah, Ruth, Deborah, Hannah, Mary etc.]: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end."

2017/5/14 9:51Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Happy Mothers Day! to all the Mothers on this earth. I hope you all have a chance to be with family and friends and also get some well deserved rest today.
God Bless!
Mr. Bill

2017/5/14 10:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy