Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Proverbs chapter 8

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Marc_W

London Zone 3

Proverbs chapter 8

Proverbs 8

I believe that wisdom is Jesus here crying out to the hearts of man Vrs 1 – 21

Now Vrs 22 The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His ways, before His works of Old (creation on the world) 23: I was set up from everlasting from the beginning, or ever the world was 24: when there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25: before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought fourth. 26: While as yet He had not made the earth nor the fields nor the highest part of the dust of the world, 27: when He prepared the heavens I was there, when He set the compass upon the face of the depth………30: then I was by Him as one brought up with Him and daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him.

1st Question: I know that Jesus is eternal having neither beginning nor end…..so why was He brought fourth and brought up by God the Father? Brought fourth from where? Brought up from what? I understand that the term being brought up refers to being raised as a father would his child. What would Jesus be brought fourth from and brought up from? God didn’t create Jesus, He always was?

Next part:

Vrs 31: Rejoicing in the habitable part of His earth and my delights were with the sons of men.

2nd Question: the earth wasn’t formed yet was it? So what habitable part are we talking about here? And if the earth wasn’t formed then the son’s of men are souls still in heaven waiting to be birthed yes?

Vrs 32: jumps back to present time, Jesus calling out to His people, to Vrs 35, then 36 a warning to those that don’t hear or respond to the call.

This is an interesting Chapter isn’t it!!!

2005/6/15 7:03Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Proverbs chapter 8

Quote:
I believe that wisdom is Jesus here crying out to the hearts of man... What would Jesus be brought fourth from and brought up from? God didn’t create Jesus, He always was?

This is a great question, one I have pondered for a while. I have noticed that Jehovah Witnesses tend to bring up this question in support of their claims against the deity of Jesus Christ.

One thing I'm not sure about is the supposition that "wisdom is Jesus here", as you have said. One reason I question this is because of verses 2 and 3 where wisdom is personified as female, "she".

Where do we ever see Jesus in this way, unless you read that awful new translation that presents Judith of Nazareth?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/6/15 12:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy