SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : LIVING ON THE PROMISES by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 LIVING ON THE PROMISES by David Wilkerson

“You shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness... He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord” (Deuteronomy 8:2-3).

I repeat these words throughout my day: “I live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

If God’s Word cannot be trusted — if the Bible is not the very inspired Word of God — then life is in vain. There can be no hope on the face of this earth.

When this word in Deuteronomy came to Israel, conditions in the wilderness had become very scary for them. God had allowed them to experience thirst and pangs of hunger, and now from the very mouth of the Lord we hear these words: “I humbled you and allowed you to suffer hunger and thirst. Why? All because I sought to make you know you can trust Me. You can live on My promises.”

God was not going to let His people starve or die of thirst. He knew exactly what He would do to deliver them. And, beloved, God also has a plan for your deliverance.

Oh, how we need the Holy Spirit to lead and comfort us in our trying times. Without His presence, His guidance, His daily outpouring of strength, none of us could make it. No human determination can survive the daily testing we endure on the path.

Daily we must cast ourselves upon God’s revealed Word and trust the Holy Spirit to make it become life to us. “By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth… He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast” (Psalm 33:6, 9).

2017/5/5 7:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy