SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Why revival tarries by Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Why revival tarries by Leonard Ravenhill

Leonard RavenhillLeonard Ravenhill

Leonard Ravenhill quotes (showing 1-30 of 68)
“A man who is intimate with God is not intimidated by man.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying. We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“A man may study because his brain is hungry for knowledge, even Bible knowledge. But he prays because his soul is hungry for God.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“Entertainment is the devil's substitute for joy. ”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“The greatest miracle that God can do today is to take an unholy man out of an unholy world and make him holy, then put him back into that unholy world and keep him holy in it.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“If we displease God, does it matter whom we please? If we please Him does it matter whom we displease?”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries:
“Preacher, keep your knees on the ground & your eyes on the throne.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“How can you pull down strongholds of Satan if you don't even have the strength to turn off your TV?”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“You can't live wrong and pray right.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“There are two kinds of people in the world—only two kinds. Not black or white, rich or poor, but those either dead in sin or dead to sin.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“When there’s something in the Bible that churches don’t like, they call it legalism.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“One of these days some simple soul will pick up the book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed.”
― Leonard Ravenhil
“The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“My goal is GOD HIMSELF. Not joy, not peace, not even blessing but HIMSELF...my GOD.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“But you know if God should stamp eternity or even judgment on our eyeballs, or if you’d like on the fleshy table of our hearts I am quite convinced we’d be a very, very different tribe of people, God’s people, in the world today. We live too much in time, we’re too earth bound. We see as other men see, we think as other men think. We invest our time as the world invests it. We're supposed to be a different breed of people. I believe that the church of Jesus Christ needs a new revelation of the majesty of God. We’re all going to stand one day, can you imagine it- at the judgment seat of Christ to give an account for the deeds done in the body. This is what- this is the King of kings, and He’s the Judge of judges, and it’s the Tribunal of tribunals, and there’s no court of appeal after it. The verdict is final.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“Entertainment is the devil's substitute for joy. The more joy you have in the Lord the less entertainment you need.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“There are three persons living in each of us: the one we think we are, the one other people think we are, and the one God knows we are.”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries

“Is the world crucified to you or does it fascinate you?”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“LORD strengthen me where I am too weak and weaken me where I am too strong!”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“Satan fools and feigns, blows and bluffs, and we so often take his threats to heart and forget the "exceeding greatness of God's power to us.”

“The Church right now has more fashion than passion, is more pathetic than prophetic, is more superficial than supernatural.”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Revival God's Way
tags: church,
“The Gospel is not an old, old story, freshly told. It is a fire in the Spirit, fed by the flame of Immortal Love; and woe unto us, if, through our negligence to stir up the Gift of God which is within us, that fire burns low.”

“The apostles had no gold, but lots of glory. We have lots of gold, but no glory.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“Some Day Someone is going to pick up this book (The Bible) and believe it, and put us all to shame.”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries: A Classic on Revival

“Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“One thing and one thing alone keeps us from complete decay in this hour - the church, the true Church.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“If we had more sleepless nights in prayer, there would be fewer souls to have a sleepless eternal night in hell.”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Revival God's Way
tags: god, hell, intercession, night, prayer, ravenhill
“If Thou canst do something with us and through us, then please, God, do something without us! Bypass us and take up a people who now know Thee not!”
― Leonard Ravenhill, Why Revival Tarries: A Classic on Revival

“One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed. We have adopted the convenient theory that the Bible is a Book to be explained, whereas first and foremost it is a Book to be believed (and after that to be obeyed).”

“The Christless cults and deity-dishonoring mushroom religions of this midnight hour tempt the Lord God. Will no one sound the alarm?”

2017/5/4 20:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy