SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question for those who believe we are all being saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Sister Fifi,

It had been quite a while since I had read that chapter, tho indeed it does speak clearly to and definitively on the question brother Sree posed. Thanks for humbly suggesting a reading of that chapter:)

2017/5/7 8:40Profile
mattf12486

Re:

You say they had "been saved" from captivity and bondage but they seemed to fail in "being saved" and never entered the promised land. Are you of the opinion that they were lost forever?

2017/5/9 11:52Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother Matt,

That's a good question and at the end of the day only God knows,... having said that there are many analogous situations that translate directly into the new covenant. Tho from a purely textual position citing Numbers 16,
Jude 1:11 etc... yes I do believe the scriptures teach that those whom God Himself destroyed are lost, as for those whom died apart from the Lords hand directly causing it, I cannot speak to that tho I believe Him to be full of mercy :)

Another example (for me) is when in Exodus 32 Moses (at the word of the Lord) commanded Aaron and his sons to slay all whom had bowed before the golden calf,... those also I believe are lost-

Tho I have heard it taught that when Jesus, leading captivity captive, preached to those whom were dead that it was possible some of those who responded were the same who fell in the wilderness. To this I cannot speak definitively as I haven't found enough scriptural evidence to support nor deny this claim, but again the words used in Jude 1:11 and Numbers 16:33 seem (to me) to be indicative of finality, especially when we look up the definitions to the terms "perished" in both Hebrew and Greek.

Hope that helps to clarify and am certainly open to any light you may share:)

2017/5/9 17:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy