SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question for those who believe we are all being saved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE : ///... I do not see Spurgeon telling us not to repent. He is only telling us not to put our trust in repentance.///

I agree.

RE : /// 1 John 1:9 is very clear, there is a condition for forgiveness of our sins. If God adds a condition then let no man think that he is wise enough to remove the condition. ///

When my children disobey me our relationship is temporarily hindered.

For the purpose of restoration of our relationship, (If there realization of my love for them does not do so first). I as A loving father will chastise them back to obedience,
When one method of chastisement does not work, I resort to a different method. They can be assured that I as a Loving Father will chastise them and Love them back to obedience and relationship.

When they disobey me though our relationship has been temporarily hindered they did not temporarily stop being my children nor did I stop loving them.

Them being my children does not switch of and on depending on rather or not they have yet to ask me for forgiveness.

2017/5/3 23:19Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// PP, I am yet to hear your explanation of Hebrews 6 in supporting your view.///

My point was : "...refutes the idea that Christians are on a constant path of being saved one minute and lost the next and resaved the next and so on and so forth."

Bro Frank understood clearly how that Scripture relates to this discussion , and how it supports my view.

2017/5/3 23:24Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

When my children disobey me our relationship is temporarily hindered.

I really appreciate the illustration you have used. I use lot of illustrations as well so like it when others do the same.

But what if your Child does not ask for forgiveness at all? In prodigal son's case, the father did not go after his Son until the son turned towards the father. I am sure the father would have frequently got news about the sons struggles. But he choose not to visit him or help him until he came to his senses. If the son never turned to father then I do not see the father going after the son at any stage. Yes the father and Son relationship did not break even when the son went away willingly. But the relationship was restored only when the son choose to turn back.

To me, Hebrews 6 tells that at some stage it will be impossible for us to repent. Impossible for the prodigals to turn back to father if they kept hardening their hearts.

2017/5/3 23:28Profile
proudpapa

Sree

RE : /// I really appreciate the illustration you have used. I use lot of illustrations as well so like it when others do the same.///

Thank you for the kind words.

2017/5/4 0:26Profile

Re:

Sree writes............

"For example in my case where I came from Hindu religion, he feels that I will lose my salvation only if I go back to Hindu Gods. No sin can change me from being saved. This is his point."

I disagree with your friend in that he says no sin can change you from being saved. I think you could walk away from Jesus, reject Him completely, but not necessarily return to Hinduism. One might become an atheist and deny God altogether. I myself could be like a dog that has returned to his vomit if I became again a drunkard and an adulterer and a foul mouth man of the world.

I do believe that this kind of walking away is rare. If I am a drowning man and the Lord reaches down and saves me from death, I have absolutely no desire to return to a place of death. Where could I go for He has the words of life?....bro Frank

2017/5/4 0:33
proudpapa

Re:

RE : /// But what if your Child does not ask for forgiveness at all?///

The Love that I have for my children is based on the fact that they are my children and not on there performance.

As a loving father, I desire that my love for them will motivate them to obey me.
But in those incidents that It does not I will out of Love for them chastise them back into obedience.

As far as my children are concerned, I can can say of them that :
If my children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from them ,.."

(p.s. I changed some of the pronouns to make it applicable to my personal relationship with my own children.)

RE: /// In prodigal son's case, the father did not go after his Son until the son turned towards the father. I am sure the father would have frequently got news about the sons struggles. But he choose not to visit him or help him until he came to his senses. If the son never turned to father then I do not see the father going after the son at any stage. Yes the father and Son relationship did not break even when the son went away willingly. But the relationship was restored only when the son choose to turn back.///

The struggles that the son brought on himself, led the son back to the father, sometimes the hand of protection and provision must be removed temporarily for the purpose of drawing the child back home.

RE: /// To me, Hebrews 6 tells that at some stage it will be impossible for us to repent. Impossible for the prodigals to turn back to father if they kept hardening their hearts.///

Hebrews 6 seems to me to teach that : 'it is impossible' for someone "to fall away" and than be renewed.

If I am understanding your position correctly : you are implying that Christians : depending on there current repentance/confession status are in a constant process of "falling away" from the path of salvation and must be constantly renewed to the path of salvation by asking for forgiveness.

2017/5/4 12:19Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I agree with this statement completely. But what I cannot agree is even after saying this, you still separate salvation and Sanctification as 2 different thing. If our sanctification is also a part of being saved. Then we are not completely saved till we are sanctified.

Apolos, when you find time, can you please answer this above quoute of mine? I am not trying to prove you wrong or prove myself right. I am trying to understand the fellow brother of mine, who has similar understanding of you.

I want to know what is the reasoning behind separating sanctification from salvation when the scripture itself does not do so. You also agreed that the scripture considers sanctification as a part of salvation.

2017/5/4 14:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Isn't there salvation with a capital "S" and salvation with a lower case "s?"

Jesus took the penalty of our sin which is a one time transaction but He is also saving us FROM our sins. After all, that is why he was named Jesus.

Add: the issue is whether the one time transaction portion can be negated. Like Frank I believe it can but it would take renunciation, not mere negligence. I believe this is exceedingly rare.

The bigger and more important question is whether the one time transaction ever occurred.

2017/5/4 19:08Profile

Re:

HI Sree, I think much of what we speak of is semantics and probably there is a lot of agreement but maybe lost in the translation of this two dimentional medium. Having said that, the Lord said that a man must be born again. I think you will agree that being born is a one time event, as is being born again. So, one is born again, as the Lord insists and then we set of on this journey called salvation. So we are saved, born again, and the rest of our lives we should be going from glory to glory, from precept to precept.

I can see no Scriptural evidence for a man being in a half saved state. I can see evidence that a man can lose his salvation, but as I said, I think it is rare. Our Calvinist friends would say he was never saved in the first place, and while there are people who would come into this category, there are certainly plenty of warnings all through the NT about not neglecting our salvation, about not becoming castaways, not being a branch cut off for unbelief, not being one of the unprepared virgins and so on.......bro Frank

2017/5/4 19:12
Sree

Re:

Quote:

HI Sree, I think much of what we speak of is semantics and probably there is a lot of agreement but maybe lost in the translation of this two dimentional medium.

Yup, that is how it appears! Thank you for taking time to explain your stand.

Quote:

I can see no Scriptural evidence for a man being in a half saved state.

Yes I agree none of us are half saved. I think the difference between us is, I do not want to use the word Saved. I agree that we are saved from the penalty of our sins and that is what the Bible means when it says we are saved. To me to be considered saved, means I am conformed to the image of Jesus. I left my Hindu faith to become like Jesus, anything short of that is not salvation to me. I am in the process of being renewed in his image from glory to glory.

2017/5/4 22:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy