SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Open mind.... closed mind....losing my mind???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Lysa,

That's exactly what I am talking about. I don't want to debate and argue. I want us to discuss the truth of Scripture and everyone walk away loving each other more, loving Jesus more, and having been firmly planted in His truth.

I don't care to be right, per se. What do I have that I have not received? If I have received it, why should I boast as if I have not received it? I just want to be more and more conformed to the imagine Christ, and I want that for my brothers and sisters in my church as well. Now I understand that I am not in charge of that, but I certainly would love to grow with them in knowledge and love and truth.

Again, my goal is Ephesians 4:11-16.

Believe me, I understand that all of this applies to me as well. I need to be humble as well. I need to be teachable as well. But how do we, as a local body of believers, start moving this direction?

2017/5/3 9:24Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Brother,

I believe you've missed my point. It doesn't matter where your heart is, your question or the phrase of it, could be what is offensive to them; I know it would be to me.

God bless

2017/5/3 13:37Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Well...lol...how would you phrase it?

2017/5/3 17:39Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Any more ideas?

2017/5/4 20:15Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

...since the main doctrines of our faith are widely accepted and should not be contentious, when we come together as believers we should focus on reinforcing these matters, such as justification by faith alone in Christ alone through grace alone etc.and follow the I Corinthians 12 to 14 pattern of coming together for mutual encouragement and admonition to continue holding fast to the head, Jesus Christ and to practice sincere love for the brethren and to do good to all men,as we wait expectantly for the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ from Heaven.

We are, for example, to comfort one another with the teaching of Christ's return and the place He is preparing for us who believe, not divide over when we think He will appear...

2017/5/6 2:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy