SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are you important to God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

Are you important to God?

We all need to know that everyone is important to God. We were created in His image. God would not have created us if he had not loved us!

We were born separated from God because of sin. In God's great love for us, he sent his son to die in our place for our sins.

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:6-8
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Why is it that people need to know that God loves them?
Why do people need to know that they are important to God?

2017/4/20 15:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Are you important to God?

Subjects of a king who know their king has their best interests at heart and yes-- even loves them-- will serve their king willingly-- to the death if necessary. We are not used to kings any more; there are some examples of these types of kings-- King David in scripture; Aragorn in LOTR and Aslan in Narnia.

We willingly serve our Lord and King for His glory, not ours. Paul said "the love of Christ compels us." Paul considered himself a slave to Christ because he had a revelation of God's love toward him.

2017/4/20 17:57Profile
rbanks

Re:

We willingly serve our Lord and King for His glory, not ours. Paul said "the love of Christ compels us." Paul considered himself a slave to Christ because he had a revelation of God's love toward him.
-quote-

This is true TMK...

But don't you think Paul knew that he was loved by God and that he was important to him. That Paul saw that it was important to live his life for the glory of God.

We love him because he first loved us!

Blessings,
rbanks

2017/4/20 20:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"But don't you think Paul knew that he was loved by God and that he was important to him. That Paul saw that it was important to live his life for the glory of God."

I absolutely agree. I think when Paul said that the love of Christ compelled him, he meant that Christ's love for Paul is what drove him, not his love for Christ (although Paul obviously loved the Lord). But what drove Paul- his fuel for his apostolic ministry- was his knowledge and assurance that Christ loved him. And because he knew this, he would do anything for Him, even die for Him, which of course he did at the end of a sword in Rome.

2017/4/20 21:09Profile
rbanks

Re:

I absolutely agree. I think when Paul said that the love of Christ compelled him, he meant that Christ's love for Paul is what drove him, not his love for Christ (although Paul obviously loved the Lord). But what drove Paul- his fuel for his apostolic ministry- was his knowledge and assurance that Christ loved him. And because he knew this, he would do anything for Him, even die for Him, which of course he did at the end of a sword in Rome.
-quote- TMK

Amen brother! I absolutely love your inspired thoughts here!

Blessings brother,
rbanks

2017/4/20 21:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy