SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Exhortations from the cross

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Exhortations from the cross

The Church has so many items in her shop window that the cross is no longer noticed.

The cross is the only source of grace and power to make all the other good advice work.

If we do not give the cross its rightful place at the center of our lives, our faith loses its power and meaning.

The real source of strength and wisdom for the Christian lies in the cross.

The complete provision of God is always released through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

Consider the work of Calvary. A perfect work. Perfect in every respect. Perfect in every aspect.

The last words of Jesus on the cross were, "It is finished." These words appear in the original Greek of the New Tsetament as a single word "tetelestai."

Tetelestai means to do something perfectly. Perfectly perfect. Completely complete.

Through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross an exchange took place that unlocks all of the treasures of God's provision.

Every need of every descendant of Adam has been totally provided for through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

The whole Gospel CENTERS on the cross.

(From "Atonement - Your Appointment with God" - by Derek Prince)

2017/4/19 9:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Exhortations from the cross

My granddaughter asked why it's called "Good Friday" to commemorate Christ's beating and crucifixion.

It got me to thinking about just what you mentioned- "tetelestai." Perfect completion.

Then this reminded me of the completion of God's creation- it was perfect and God called it "very good."

2017/4/19 9:26Profile
docs

Re: One All Sufficient Sacrifice - Perfected Forever

“The Church has so many items in her shop window that the cross is no longer noticed.”

How true is the above statement? Is it a major defect in the church today?

God instructed the Israelites that when they entered the Promised Land the altar was to be built in a specific way and no trees were to be planted around it so as to possibly obscure its sight.

24 “You will make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offereings and your peace offerengs, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you.

25 And if you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it.” (Exodus 20:24-25)

No modifcation of the building materials for the altar was allowed.

Any modification done or added by human hands would be a defilement of the altar.

Likewise, the cross (the altar upon which Jesus offered Himself) does not require or need any modification. It is to be left as is.

Also, no trees were to be planted around the altar that might obscure it in any way.

21 “You shall not plant for yourself an Asherah of any kind of tree beside the altar of the Lord your God, which you shall make for yourself.” (Deut 16:21)

NOTHING was to distract the people's attention from the altar.

There was no place for human ingenuity or art or asthetic improvements.

If the cross is in the middle of the Church's shop window then it should not be modified by human hands in any way and nothing should be added around the cross that might obscure it

The cross should remain stark and plain just as the actual real life crucifixion of Jesus was stark.

The cross anchors the Christian faith to history and either REALLY HAPPENED or didn't.

23 “But we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness,” (I Corinthians 1:23)

The real source of strength and wisdom for the Christian lies in the cross.

Hebrews 10:14 (*NIV)
14 “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.”

The NASB says “He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.”

The verb "has perfected" appears in the perfect tense, meaning,

- Only once was this sacrifice to be offered and never repeated

- It was a perfect sacrifice that would completely perfect all those who put their faith in it.

- What Jesus has done by this sacrifice, and its effect in us, is perfect, complete and forever.

- Nothing has to be added to this sacrifice nor taken from it – it is complete and final.

- This sacrifice will never have to be changed or modified.

(From "Atonement: Your Appointment With God" - by Derek Prince. Copyright 2000)

2017/4/22 9:19Profile
leyoung

Re:

Beautiful and stark truth to meditate upon this day and every day!
L

2017/4/22 9:50Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen brother David! Great truth and message by Derek Prince

1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV) 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

So many will perish unless they believe...and cling to the message of the cross!

Blessings,
rbanks

2017/4/22 10:47Profile
docs

Re: The Cross at the Center

1) It represents one perfect completely sufficient sacrifice.

2) The cross is God's provision for supernatural grace to be released in our lives.

3) With the cross at the center the supernatural confirmation of God is released through what we speak.

4) The cross is the sole basis for the total and irrevocable defeat of Satan.

5) The cross is the source of God's secret and hidden wisdom.

6) The cross is the ultimate demonstration of God's love and our value to God.

(Derek Prince)

2017/4/24 8:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy