SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Balabolka

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TrueWitness

Balabolka

I just wanted to share with you folks a text-to-speech program I found that I really like and think you might also. It's called Balabolka and it runs on the Windows platform. It will accept text files of the following formats:

AZW, AZW3, CHM, DjVu, DOC, DOCX, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, MOBI, ODT, PDB, PRC, PDF, RTF, TCR, WPD.

You open the file within Balabolka and you see the text in a window. Using the mouse, place the blinking cursor in front of where you want to start reading (speaking), click the play button and it sounds incredibly like a human reading and not a computer. You can fiddle with the speed and pitch of the voice but I find the default setting to be perfect. Some words that have two pronunciations will be pronounced the way you don't want it pronounced but this is minor. Say for instance the word "live". This can be pronounced L-EYE-V or L-IV. It pronounces it as L-EYE-V. The word "progress" can be pronounced pro-GRESS or PRA-gress. It says PRA-gress. It happens a few times and you instantly know what's going on.

You can even "record" the audio and save it to a sound file. It takes less than a minute to get an audio file for a whole book. This is found in the Batch File Converter under TOOLS.

I made an audio book of a digital book I own. I did break the book's chapters into separate files so I would have an mp3 file for each chapter instead of one file for the entire book. I listen in my car.

Give it a try. Download one of the sermons here in PDF and lay back and listen.

http://www.cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm

It's free btw

-Daniel

2017/3/29 22:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy