SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christianity in Iraq is finished says vicar

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Christianity in Iraq is finished says vicar

“The time has come where it is over, no Christians will be left. Some stay Christians should stay to maintain the historical presence, but it has become very difficult. The future for the community is very limited,” White told Fox News this week. “The Christians coming out of Iraq and ISIS areas in the Middle East all say the same thing, there is no way they are ever going back. They have had enough.”

Thirty years ago, there were approximately 1.4 million Christians in Iraq. The number dwindled to around 1 million after the fall of Saddam Hussein in 2003, and a year ago it was estimated that there were less than 250,000 left. Numbers have continued to decline as families flee, and today even approximate figures are difficult to obtain.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/21/christianity-in-iraq-is-finished-says-canon-andrew-white-vicar-baghdad.html

2017/3/22 8:00Profile

Re: Christianity in Iraq is finished says vicar

In all due respect to Canon Andrew White. Christianity is not finished in Iraq. No more than it is finished in North Korea. And North Korea is rated as the worst nation for the persecution of Christians. And yet God has a remnant there.

Jesus promised that upon this rock I will build my church. And the gates of hell itself will not overcome the church He is building. Perhaps we can say that traditional Orthodox Christianity is finished. But God is building an underground church among the refugees and bringing many peoples to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Video below gives the other side of the story.

https://youtu.be/N3Xa3b-lkjk

Bro Blaine

2017/3/22 9:27
docs

Re: Bruised and battered

I agree but I also see this vicar as a bruised and battered servant who needs empathy and godly encouragement because of what he has seen and experienced.

2017/3/22 10:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy