SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Chruch of the living God - the pillar and ground of truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TakeUptheCross

Germany

The Chruch of the living God - the pillar and ground of truth

The house of God is the church. And the church is the pillar and ground of truth! That conclusion comes from 1 Timothy 3:15

This is what God originally wanted (and still) wants His church to be!
j
How sad and how painful it is indeed when Truth is being rejected and fought against in the house of God! Does not God cry out "Repent!"?

The above text in Timothy caught my heart during our Bible study today. You know, I thought about the days in which we live and about the current events in my home country (Bulgaria) and also worldwide.

I see just how people speak LIES with no fear of God and no shame, no concern for the people they are deceiving! (Am I seeing here the hand of the devil?!) It is not only the politicians, although when they lie, cheat and covet the consequences can be far worse for a whole nation. WHEREAS it is NOT LESS SINFUL when an "ordinary man" does the same.

And we come then to the church - what happens when the HOUSE OF GOD is no longer a pillar and ground of truth? Or when a church changes its doctrines to fit in our society?

"But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel."

"TRUTH IS FALLEN IN THE STREET, and equity cannot enter. Yea, truth faileth..."

IT IS A TRAGEDY INDEED! Who shall hold the truth if not the church of the living God?! Who shall teach the children the difference between good and bad, holy and profane? Dear brethren we have great responsibilty:

"Therefore we OUGHT TO give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip."

"Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father."

From the beginning, the original Gospel as the apostles preached and practised it ... not some "new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not." or otherwise said new doctrines which your fathers observed not.

Onward Christian soldiers! Keep and be faithful to the TRUTH! And may we one day all hear: "Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in." (Isaiah 26:2) Amen!

2017/3/11 12:04Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: The Chruch of the living God - the pillar and ground of truth

I want just to add (although the discussion belongs probably in a different section) that part of this thoughts were also connected with some "strange" doctrines about marriage, remarriage, divorce and structure of a local church that are being taught nowadays.

May God helps us keep the truth to the end!

2017/3/11 12:23Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy