Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : dumb question about downloading a sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

dumb question about downloading a sermon

Is there a way to download or "save" a sermon on SI to your iphone so it can be listened to w/o streaming it? I feel rather dumb that I don't know how to do this.

2017/3/8 17:59Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: dumb question about downloading a sermon

Todd, what I do is I just click on the link to the audio file, and I copy and paste it to my notepad "iPhone" then when I want to listen to it, I can just click on the link and it takes me right to the sermon, best I know how.

2017/3/8 18:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

when I select a sermonusing my android a download icon appears next to the player. Downloads as an mp3 to my phone.

2017/3/8 18:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Q. How Do you download the audio sermons?
Answer. To download the audio sermons to your desktop simply right click on the sermon titles and choose save target as. A dialogue box will open and rename the sermon file to the title of the sermon and the speaker adding the .mp3 extension on the end of the file. If a .php shows up as the download file simply rename it to .mp3 (or .pdf if it is an ebook file) and it will work.

2017/3/8 18:50Profile
Sree

The answer depends on the type of phone you use. Iphone will not allow you to save the sermon. If you want to do it, you have to download the sermon in your laptop and then transfer it to your iphone using itunes.

An android allows you to download the sermon directly. Everytime you hear a sermon it is actually downloaded in your Android. You can go to your file manager, downloads folder to see the sermon. If the sermon has a proper name then you can also scroll and find the file in your audio player.

That is why I love Android.

2017/3/8 19:18Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Sorry If Ive misunderstood any previous answers.
If you wanted to download and play a file without having to stream it live on an iphone you are probably better off with the Apple app for iphones and iPads called 'Goodreader'. As it has got it's own internal web browser and files can then be downloaded to the App and played...

2017/3/8 19:27Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

or how about this ?

https://youtu.be/FkvIAKxrbLI

2017/3/8 19:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Apple likes to keep all audio files within iTunes. I guess if SI had the sermons hooked up with iTunes somehow, this would probably work. There are quite a few different things you can download for free on iTunes. You could download them to your pc, then upload them to your iPhone, I have a program to do this with on my pc.

I think Greg was addressing how to do it on a desktop computer, I guess he missed the part where you said iPhone.

2017/3/8 19:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thx everyone. I didn't think of downloading on PC and syncing to iPhone.

That'll work.

2017/3/8 20:48Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy