Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My Favorite Passage & Why

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

My Favorite Passage & Why

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

At least that is my favorite scripture today. I was reading in the Book of Acts... the birthday of the church and I am amazed at God's ability to reveal the truth of His Word..... We don't need another translation, we just need the good ole' KJV and the translator- The Spirit of Truth.

preacher_ish

2005/6/12 14:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: My Favorite Passage & Why

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

This is a very simple verse but in the last few months God has very much been applying it to my life in new ways. My hunger to know God tangibly in experience is something that is overriding all other wants and desires for "things". I am wanting to be lost in the "kingdom" purposes for my life being able to "know" his righteousness and character more. The scriptures are unexaustable.. there is always a depth to any passage we have not discovered before. "wells of living water".

2005/6/12 18:25Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

I actually have a few...

[b]Matthew 11:28-30[/b]
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
[b][i]I surrendered my EVERYTHING to the Lord after having read this Scripture passage as a 15-year old. I read it in the morning, and the words haunted me for the entire day. That night, I walked out in a field by myself and told the Lord that I wanted to know Him. It still moves me as much today as it did then![/b][/i]

[b]Jeremiah 29:11-13[/b]
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
[b][i]What a GREAT promise from the Lord![/b][/i]

[b]Matthew 5:8[/b]
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
[b][i]A pure heart before God -- what more could you want?[/b][/i]

:-)

2005/6/12 19:29Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. (Psalms 73:28)

To me this verse sums up the beginning and end of the Christian walk. There is a drawing near that is our ultimate good and there in the presence of Almighty God trust and faith are birthed in our hearts leading to an outward declaration of the works of God, in word and in deed, to the glory of His name.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/6/12 19:57Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

My favourite passage:-

John 20 verse 30 & 31

'And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.'

Why, this is my favourite passage?

The last verse of John, gets me ready for the first verse, one cannot stop reading this book once you start. It is also because in the above passage he is very direct about his reason for writing. The focus on 'Jesus completely' is the entire focus of this beloved disciple of Jesus.

I once got a book, I forget the name which presented Jesus as the revelation of every single book of the Bible. Though the details are important, the focus is always. Jesus.

Bless God,
In Jesus,
.A.
:-P

2005/6/13 9:24Profile

He has freely given us EVERYTHING we need to be truly be holy in this life!!

2 Peter 1:2-4

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

He has freely given us EVERYTHING we need to be truly be holy in this life!!

2005/6/13 12:24
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re:

Talking 'bout simple..... my wife's grandmother, a dear saint of God died when she was ninety and nine years old. She had come from a broken home, her husband imprisioned for killing a man. When she was faced in taking care of the family with out her hsuband, she ask the Lord for His help..... Her comment from Him was this scripture. She raised (share croppers)seven kids on this scripture. She was a prayer warrior until the last breath she took on this sod. God is faithful.

Thanks for the post my friend.

God Bless
preacher_ish

2005/6/14 22:21Profile
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re:

God Bless Chris... you are like me... you have many favorite. God is faithful and He knoweth them that are His own. My His blessing be upon you as you serve Him.

preacher_ish

2005/6/14 22:27Profile
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re:

Greetings Ron-

"Just A Closer Walk With Thee" A Christian hymn that I thought about as I read your post. Drawing near to Christ in our daily walk would require such commitment... "through this world of toil and snares".

God Bless my friend
preacher_ish

2005/6/14 22:32Profile
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re:

My dear friend aeryck.....

God's blessing on you as you Bless Him.

There is no power in a sign, yet His Spirit... that's power (dunamis).... when He the Spirit of Truth shall come!

POWER- The Word became flesh among us and we beheld His glory, the glory of the begotten, full of grace and truth.

You got it my friend. Thanks for posting. I am learning.

preacher_ish

2005/6/14 22:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy