SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is The Shack symptomatic of a deeper issue?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I thought Speilberg did an excellent job dealing with the conversion scene considering he is a Jewish fella........bro Frank

2017/3/6 15:41

Re:

Quote...In the movie "Amistad" there is a scene where two slaves coming over on a ship come across an illustrated bible- obviously they could not read it but by looking at the pictures from OT through the NT they had a very good picture of who Jesus was and what he did...End Quote

Wow. Forerunner to the digiital visual Bible.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/6 17:04
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

This is the biggest straw man argument I think I have ever read on here.

In essence what you are saying Blaine is 'the reason folk don't agree with The Shack is because they only think the gospel should be presented through quoting scripture and probably only KJV bible'. Well what a load of nonsense! No one has said that at all. It is just a deceitful way of justifying this book and film. I think there are plenty of good books and films that do a splendid job of presenting the gospel and do not distort the truth of who God is like The Shack does.

2017/3/6 17:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This has been a pretty good thread so for, I pray it don't spiral out of control. :-)

2017/3/6 17:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jesus = what God is like. Heb. 1:3

2017/3/6 17:50Profile

Re: Dave

Quote...When I ask is The Shack symptomatic of a deeper problem I'm thinking of something else. I'm thinking of venues of how we communicate spiritual truth. Basically the gospel...End Quote

Brother this is not a straw man argument. But I am looking at The Shack in terms of the medium of how we communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I included 2 articles in this thread which crticise the Jesus video and orality as a means to communicate Biblical truth. I may very well summarize that those who crticise The Shack would be opposed to the Jesus film, the visual Bible, storytelling, dreans and visions, and any other means of communicating God's word. Such would probably be opposed to contemporary translation of scripture. KJV being the only accepted translation.

Bro Blaine

2017/3/6 17:57

Re:

2017/3/6 17:59

Re:

Can movies and other digital medium be used to communicate spiritual truth?

For an example. There are movies or videos out about the Gospel of John, the gospel of Matthew, the book of Acts, etc. Is this an acceptable means to receive God's word? Or is the word only received through the printed page?

Is it acceptable to listen to an audio Bible? Or to listen to a story about the Bible? Is it acceptable to watch a movie such as War Room or Chariots of Fire?

Are these acceptable means to receive spiritual truth?

Bro Blaine

2017/3/6 18:15
rainydaygirl

Re:

"Can movies and other digital medium be used to communicate spiritual truth?"

Blaine asked if movies can be used? There are a lot of people that felt like The Matrix was a really great movie to share with non believers. There were tons of parallels through out the entire movie.

RDG

Just to be clear I was speaking of the first Matrix movie not the second or third

2017/3/6 19:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear wrote: "There are movies or videos out about the Gospel of John, the gospel of Matthew,"

The Gospel of Matthew- at least the one I am thinking of with Bruce Marchiano, used only the biblical text for a script.

However, many would find fault with it because Jesus smiles wayyy too much. He is far too likeable.

2017/3/6 19:58Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy