Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

YOUR FAVOURITE PASSAGE AND WHY

My favourite passage:-

John 20 verse 30 & 31

'And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.'

Why, this is my favourite passage?

The last verse of John, gets me ready for the first verse, one cannot stop reading this book once you start. It is also because in the above passage he is very direct about his reason for writing. The focus on 'Jesus completely' is the entire focus of this beloved disciple of Jesus.

I once got a book, I forget the name which presented Jesus as the revelation of every single book of the Bible. Though the details are important, the focus is always. Jesus.

Bless God,
In Jesus,
.A.
:-P

2005/6/12 13:30Profile
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re: YOUR FAVOURITE PASSAGE AND WHY

John 16:13 today...
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and will shew you things to come.

My favorite scriptures changes often. it depends on what the Lord is teaching me. Today I was contemplating the revelation of the gospel to those on Pentecost (birthday of the church). Can you imagine the obstacle, all those men and women dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven; all those different languages and only Galileans who had the message.

No problem for the Spirit of Truth- tongues.. we hear the gospel, every man, in our own tongue, wherein we were born.

preacher_ish

2005/6/12 20:35Profile
crossman4God

Re: Favorite Passage

Hi All, My favorite verse is Psalm86:13, read it think about it and love JESUS because of it. On one of my Birthdays, my friends put this whole verse on a birthday cake in ICING. I call it the "SWEETEST" verse in the whole Bible.

Crossman

2005/7/1 18:56Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Favorite Passage & why

Yo crossman,
I agree, 'sweetest' ... one verse flashed before my mind, where Paul calls himself the chief of sinners.

I thought I would take the libery of typing out the verse you love so:

FOR GREAT IS THY MERCY TOWARD ME: AND THOU HAST DELIVERED MY SOUL FROM THE LOWEST HELL
[Isaiah 86:13]

In Jesus,
.A.

2005/7/2 1:14Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi aercyk,

You really are entrenched in Isaiah right now ;-) (Was as well fairly recently)

2005/7/2 1:19Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Isaiah

Yeah Chris,

Ever since I got the Alexander Scourby tapes from my neighbour who is a sister in the Lord, I have been able to cross this really big river.

I was addicted to reading the New Testament, from 18 - 45, then after writing an ebook, 'It is Written' ~ I was dramatically changed in my heart and wanted so to know Jesus in the Old Testament.

After all Jesus said that the Law and the Prophets and the Psalms, speak of Him. Plus Jesus taught from there and the disciples first Bible was not the New Testament.

Recently looking at a comparitive chart in a really old bible I picked up for a couple of cents, I saw all the Old Testament references in the New Testament, and there are hundreds.

Suffice to say I am reading between John and Isaiah, and probably will be doing so for quite sometime. Isaiah, is extremely deep.

It is good to meditate on His word. This is how we stay pure, for the Lord. [Psalm, which one?]

In Jesus,
Aeryck.

2005/7/3 12:21Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Hi Aeryck.

Quote:

It is good to meditate on His word. This is how we stay pure, for the Lord. [Psalm, which one?]

well it's in the longest 119 :-)

"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to Thy Word."

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee."

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy Law."

"Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto Thy Word."

"Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed Thy Commandments."

"I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word."

"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in Thy Word."

"Thy Word is very pure: therefore Thy servant loveth it."

but i believe you was talking about verse 9, but i posted the other ones as an extra ;-)

your brother in Christ

William

2005/7/3 17:57Profile
arbustum

Sydney Australia

2 corinthians 4:8-9

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in depair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

thats probably my favourite but its not the only one that i cling to, infact, it almost feels like i take something so powerful for granted the way my faith isnt really challenged that much here in Australia...

2005/7/4 0:43Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

James 1:23-24 (NKJV)
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

I like it because it was the first thing I read in Scripture that just smacked me in the face...really sunk down deep and stayed there. First time I felt convicted (aside from when I was actually saved...) and it just really opened my eyes to the importance of integrity in my faith. The setting aside of empty words and insincere actions...to just read Scripture, let it convict me of my sins and my downfalls, and DO something about it.

2005/7/4 1:19Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Luke 13:3 and 5, which are identical to one another, "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

1) Because they are the words of Jesus.

2) Anything He repeats verbatim must be important.

3) This phrase cuts through all reasoning.

4) It sums up the sinners responsibility to God.

5) Everyone I've ever met knows we believe Christ died to pay for our sins. Everyone has not been confronted with this message, and their need to repent.

6) This message is missing from the modern "church."

7) Jesus told the disciples to go out two by two and tell men this.

8) Paul said it on Mars Hill.

9) Repentance is necessary for salvation.

10) The phrase has not lost it's punch in 2000 years.

2005/7/5 1:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy