Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quality Christian Music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougr777

Quality Christian Music

I'm looking for some quality Christian worship music to listen to, the Contemporary Christian music scene just have very shallow music and lyrics, and I'm missing the days of music that Keith Green produced. Thanks for your suggestions, blessings!

2017/3/3 13:46Profile
amajesticone

Massachusetts

Re: Quality Christian Music

Hi Doug and All,

ESTHER MUI sings pure scripture and has put many
Psalms to music. May I suggest "Isaiah 53 - By His Stripes."

AARON KEYES has also put much scripture to music.
His CD "DWELL - the Living Room" edition is really good.

LAUREN DAIGLE has depth to her songs.

BOB CULL has written much worship songs out of
experiential knowledge.

Everyone has their favorites, I'm sure :)

Mary

2017/3/3 14:51Profile

Check Jason Bellard songs in Youtube.

But it is RARE today to find a Christian songs that really is for the LORD because many so-called Christian musicians and bands are really just making money in the name of GOD.

2017/3/3 15:15
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Doug: I am not in any way trying to be trite with this comment, but why don't you just listen to Keith Green.

I too grew up in the 80's and was ministered to in a powerful way by the uncompromising lyric of people like Keith Green, Petra, Degarmo and Key, Steve Camp, etc.. I agree that it is hard to find a lot of CCM today that has the same hard hitting lyric. There is some. I listen to LeCrae and Tedashi when I am in a mood for it. Crowder is almost always good as is Jeremy Camp. I listen to a lot of worship music. Occasionally into southern gospel. That was my roots growing up. My Grandfather grew up with Albert Brumley's boys and played that style music in the hills just south of my home. Still have a lot of Delirious? on my phone. But it seems my go-to music is still that music from the 80's. My wife sometimes teases me good-naturedly about it.

I do a lot of song based listening. Maybe one song has powerful lyric and really ministers to me. I will listen to that song and it may be the only one that I listen to from that artist.

2017/3/3 15:27Profile

Doug, Aileen Gilchrist sings beautifully and scripturally. She can be found onn youtube and right here on SI.........bro Frank

2017/3/3 15:36
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

John Fischer (his album Naphtali is great), Dallas Holm, Phil Keaggy, Matthew Ward, Love Song, Mustard Seed Faith, pretty much anything from the Jesus Music era. (And Keith Green of course!) A lot of CCM nowadays is so flat and lifeless, in my opinion.
For worship music, I think anything Times Square Church puts out is stellar; also I like Robin Mark.
I like some christian rap too, but TRUCE is my favourite (the group Nicky Cruz put together). Also The Cross Movement.

2017/3/3 16:24Profile
dougr777

Re:

Hi Brother Travis,

I have been listening to Keith Green since 1987 when I was first introduced to his music and ministry. As a musician I have alot of different musical tastes so I have been trying to find that blend of quality Christian music with words based in truth and Scripture that points to the Word and not the flesh.

2017/3/3 16:40Profile
dougr777

Thank you for the replies to this thread, I'm looking forward to listening to the new music. Never heard of some of them.

I wanted to share some music I listen to from a couple at the college I attended in Upstate New York who lead a weekly time or worship and prayer.

http://www.pilgrimsongs.us/home

2017/3/3 17:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Of course all these recommendations are wonderful. But some saints might not know that we have 1600 mp3 worship songs and hymns for free also on SermonIndex here: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=168

I would also like to recommend these albums: https://scripture-lullabies.com we play them around our house for our children but also for adults. It is very encouraging scripture songs being song softly.

2017/3/3 19:40Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Paul Baloche

Anything by Tommy Walker is absolutely wonderful, he ministers a lot overseas.

Robin Mark's "Revival in Belfast" will always be one of my favorites

2017/3/3 22:52Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy