SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a person be born again without love for Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
sree wrote
So my point is absolutely valid. If Ephesians Church is still continuing in salvation even after losing its love for Jesus, then it should be possible for a born again believer to enter into salvation without the love for Christ.

You think we are not seeing it from your 'arranged marriage' perspective but you are seeing it "only" from that perspective but there is somewhere in the middle with Christ.

What if martyrdom comes knocking on someone's door "without" love for Christ? Do you think someone is going to count the cost and lay down their life when no love is involved?

2017/3/7 6:43Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Sree

Quote:"Scripture is so clear, love for Jesus is not an essential criteria for born again. If you listen to the testimony of most of the believers who came from another faith (like me), they will testify that their love for Jesus was a developed love, after witnessing His love for them."

Certainly none of us loved Jesus before the new birth. We were not able to do so. How can the blind see and the deaf hear? How can the dead be made alive again?
It took a miracle of God's grace and the working of His Spirit to make us alive and the love we have for Jesus is a fruit of His love flooding our hearts first through the Holy Spirit.

Once we have received and come to know and understand His love for us we have the responsibility to nurture and protect and increase in our love for Him, and persevere in it, with the help of His Spirit.

Blessings,

2017/3/7 7:46Profile
Onesimus4God

Louisiana USA

Re: Can a person be born again without love for Jesus?

Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments. 
Joh 14:16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 

Seems to me the "Love for YESHUA (JESUS)was important to HIM. In as much as you keep HIS commandments, you love HIM.

2017/3/11 10:54Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy