SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what nationalities are represented on SI?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
beekpr

Re: what nationalities are represented on SI?

I am from central Southern Ontario likely within fifteen miles from the poster of the thread. My ancestors moved here from Alsace, France, in the early nineteenth century. Prior to that they were from Switzerland - persecuted Anabaptists. I still speak a watered-down Germanic dialect of Schwabisch origin. My wife was born in California of Russian Mennonite origin.

2017/2/21 15:40Profile
luka

Jos, Nigeria

Im from Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. Sermonindex has always been my most favorite website.

2017/2/21 16:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Born in the USA. Grandparents of German, Norwegian, and Lithuanian decent immigrated here in the late 1800's.

2017/2/21 18:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I am a white American of western European descent - Germany and Switzerland.

Religion-wise many were Lutheran until they came to the USA. After being here some time they converted to Amish. The most recent one - g-g-grandfather married his Amish employer's daughter. Another one came into the Amish when his mom died and the children were farmed out to her Amish neighbors because her husband was taken by the Revolutionaries to work on the towpath at a certain canal. This family line produced a lot of preachers!

I know only for certain that three family lines were Anabaptist back in Europe - not many. Today I still can speak PA German.

Sandra

2017/2/21 19:52Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

My father is Nigerian, my mother - Bulgarian. I grew up in Bulgaria and now I do study in Germany. (By the way in NRW).

I think it is often very encouraging to see other brothers and sisters walking in the Way and loving the Lord wholeheartedly. I had the priveledge to meet in Germany some of these godly men and women, too. And it really helped me! In the midst of the apostasy, where faith is being almost equated with culture, "just culture" or myths, it is really great blessing to see Christ in others! (It always is!)

2017/2/22 4:41Profile
Theophila

Re:

Hello Brethren,
Both father and mother were Nigerian and I live in the US.
Great to see my many brethren from the same Father...

2017/2/22 14:36Profile
Yana2

Denmark

Re:

Hey, two people mentioned Bulgaria!

I'm also Bulgarian, as far back as I can trace, but I currently live in Denmark.

It's really nice to see how the Lord brings so many different people to Himself and makes them His holy church - unified in diversity!

2017/2/22 14:38Profile

Re:

Scotch-Irish. With a little bit of Cajun thrown in. Probably some American Indian too. So I suppose I am a Heinz 57 type of person.

Bro Blaine

2017/2/22 14:50
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Good to hear you are in NRW. Hope you found a good fellowship, not easy nowadays.

2017/2/22 14:58Profile
manofchrist90

Merced, CA

I'm half Mexican on my father's side. My grandparents were both born in the USA to Mexican immigrants from Jalisco, Mexico. My grandfather was jw but left that and came to the Lord on his deathbed, my grandmother was catholic but she came to the lord and went to an assembly of God church until she passed away. There is some Indian mixed in but very little as most of my ancestors married others of strong European background to keep the blood pure. Most of the Mexican lines trace back to Spain in around the 1500s or 1600s, kinda like a lot of people in the USA had ancestors here that came from England 400 years ago or so. I'm a quarter Italian and a quarter Norwegian on my mother's side. My grandfather was born in the USA to an Italian immigrant father and his mother was born in the USA to Italian immigrants. They were catholic except for his mother who later left that. She knew the Lord. My grandmother was born to Norwegian immigrants in Canada before they came to the USA. They were pentecostal and it's the only part of my ancestry that has protestant roots. My grandfather knew the Lord. My grandmother served the Lord all her life and lived a Godly life that served as an inspiration for others. I also have remote French on both sides.

2017/2/22 19:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy