SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The church on sinking sand.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The church on sinking sand.

"I feel like we are salesmen today and the reason is we do not pray. Everybody today is an echo. They go to a conference to hear what everybody else is saying, and then repeat it. But brother Dave Wilkerson was intimate with God, and that's what allowed him to be a voice." ( Pastor Tim Dilena, Brooklyn Tabernacle Church)

" Very few people are lifting their voices. All of the statistics prove, that by every measurable parameter, the Christian church is sinking. Part of the problem is what we have been fed for the last ten, fifteen, twenty years-the focus on church growth, on being user friendly, seeker sensitive. All that has opened the door to unbiblical teaching, just shallow nonsense. It's resulted in getting away from prayer, away from the Gospel, away from loving people of all races, away from dependence upon the Holy Spirit. My editor asks, " where are the Tozers, the David Wilkersons who'll say in love " that is wrong." (Jim Cymbala, senior pastor, Brooklyn Tabernacle)

Now why is Christendom sinking, what are these pastors talking about? They identify echo chambers and a lack of prayer meetings. They identify a lack of any real reliance on the Holy Spirit. Going to conference after conference and learning nothing. Their editors bemoan the lack of people like Tozer and Wilkerson, men who were more afraid of God than they were of men. Men who were not trying to build a kingdom of their own but simply walking out the Kingdom of God.

Christendom today is, for the most part, voiceless. There is not a single voice on the national stage that is a fearless voice, a voice that has heard from God and is unafraid to speak what he has heard. A voice that seeks no political influence nor is concerned with their own ministries or money or pleasing the people, in other words, a prophetic voice. All day long men will give you their political opinions and it is often tied to raising money, but where are the men with fresh fire from the altar of God?

Men hold onto their reins in their ministries so tightly that there is no room for God to speak. The Holy Spirit has been displaced and the church has plunged headlong into disaster. To most the change has taken place slowly enough to be like a frog in a slowly boiling pot of water. A prophetic voice feels the burn, sees the consequences, shouts from the rooftops, to get out of the pot. That voice is full of love and passion and compassion and a sheer doggedness that most generations would have struggled with them.This generation cannot handle them on any level because their ears have been tickled for so long.They have been so drowned in worldliness that they must shut them down.This voice that pierces through the grey dimness that passes for light, that speaks to the bone and the marrow is missing and we should cry out to God that He would raise up such a voice and that He would remove every barrier to it being heard.

My advice to the younger generations of pastors and leaders is to yield. Step back. Discover the glory of allowing Jesus to be preeminent in your meetings. It will be the scariest thing you have ever done but to those who can hear, you know that your congregation is without power, it is without glory and has not bowed in reverential awe to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. You know there has been no sowing in tears. You know there has been no agonizing and prevailing in prayer. Now that you know this, then why go a minute longer without addressing this head on.

Do you want to be the pastor of a religious club? Do you want to be the leader of a social work department? Or do you want the glory? Do you want it so badly that you are willing to shut down every activity not birthed and sustained in the presence of His majesty? May God find just a few men willing to lay aside everything they think they know and invite God back. He will not ignore such a plea from hearts wide open and fully given to His glory and honor. Lord Jesus, help us to stand again in this evil day and help us to be thorn in the flesh of our enemy and be what we have been called to be, more than conquerors in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour forever............bro Frank

2017/2/15 17:48
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: The church on sinking sand.

Frank. I have a feeling that few have been "gripped by the fear of God" as Duncan Campbell said of the Hebrides. Dropping to the floor on our faces in awe of Him.

We won't hang around long enough for the Holy Spirit to do a whole lot anymore. We are busy running our kids to 'whatever' practice rather than pressing in to the presence of God. It seems like people are afraid to trust the Holy Spirit. ALL He wants to do is show us Jesus!

Great word Frank.

Rusty

2017/2/15 19:00Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: The church on sinking sand.

My thoughts for quite some time. I see the Willow Creek model and Promise Keeper model as causing much of the problem. (I may be wrong) They recommend different methods to get them in; rock music, worship team, you name it. I even read of one that had free beer.

I attend once in a while..... I can't find anywhere to go without a band and screen. Same old setup. There's not room for you in the Willow Creek model. The worship team handles it all. They know what I need to sing and the funny lyrics they create. They know what I need to have prayed about. The minister knows what I need to hear. I am supposed to come, sing, sit, and pay. It's prepackaged, just what God (not) ordered. Most ministers have no idea of your understanding at all.

We are being conditioned with mind control. From a child you were taught who your enemies were. Things were taught at school that you later disproved. Same at church. There are lots of ways to Jesus out there. Deception abounds. Newspapers and TV pump it out. We are better; they are the problem. The Church is not warning the congregation today about the danger of not having a sound mind. \

I heard a sermon Sunday and had to shake my head in disbelief at the message. Way too much material, went all over the place, Started in the Beattitudes and moved around, ended up trying to tell us why we don't need the old books any more. Came from HQ I'm sure. Indoctrination. Mind control.

JW's came to my door started chatting and were shocked at my answers. Wanted me to come study with them. No was my reply. No more rules and regulations. Mind control.

I do computer and copier repair also and visit churches to repair things. Amazing, Everyone is on the payroll. Song leader, nursery, ushers.

I do seek fellow believers every day. I have discovered that many believers don't attend. They couldn't stand what was taking place. Many of us still communicate with one another everyday.

2017/2/15 20:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy