SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Norman Grubb ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Norman Grubb ?

I do not know much about him ?

The little I did research him, it does appear that he had some exclusive understandings that I question (am not convinced of).

I have heard some claim that he was a heretic ?

What is everyone's thoughts about him ?

clarity

2017/2/13 22:25Profile

Re: Norman Grubb ?

PP here us a link to a thread I started a few years ago asking questions about Normon's views on hell. You may find some of the posts helpful. But I have reservations about some of NG's views. He seems somewhat way out there.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/

Bro Blaine

2017/2/13 23:11

Re:

Okay. Link did not take. Enter search protocol "Saints need some help here" in SI search box and Link should come up.

Bro Blaine

2017/2/13 23:15
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

I was given a small book on revival by NG... I remember that it was encouraging and seemed for the most part pretty straight forward (biblically speaking) but I do remember a few moments that gave me pause, overall it was a good read. It's called continuous revival I think-
Having read this, I was interested in reading more of his work and that's when I discovered several things that I couldn't square with my understanding of the scriptures based on the light I have... which doesn't make him wrong per se, tho I chose not to read by him any further.

I've noticed that this has happened with several writers/preachers including David Wilkerson Watchman Nee, etc... but in the case of DW, I still read/listen to him. Nee however, like Grubb, left a mark that requires me to be very cautious, and I'm less likely to read by them at this point. (Tho I've read lots of Nee books and enjoyed them)

For me, it seems allot of times people get distracted from Jesus and make it be "about us",... and wind up with a man centered gospel.

Sorry for not being more helpful-

2017/2/13 23:27Profile
yuehan

This might be the thread that Bearmaster was referring to: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=50452&forum=35

2017/2/14 9:44Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Here is an essay I wrote about MPG which I think is a pretty reliable synopsis and also addresses the accusations that he was a heretic.

http://www.jacobboehmeonline.com/norman_grubb

2017/2/14 20:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

We are glad to have Norman Grubb on this website as he was an excellent servant of the Lord. He served with WEC for 30+ years (World Evangelization Crusade) and was there director for many years, this is the group that C.T. Studd started. They started many churches in Africa and did pioneer missions work.

This shows that Norman Grubb had the best view on hell which was it was true and therefore we must do something radical about it, ie sharing the gospel with everyone.

Close to the end of his life he was re-questioning some of these views and I would say was simply acting more like the modern evangelical church that really in the end does not believe this doctrine as we are doing very little about it.

I do believe at the end of his life he was over-emphasizing certain doctrines and it is a warning to us all to not go over-board on any doctrine or area of life and to not wander into strange new ideas that have not be accepted by the Church throughout the 2000 years of Church history.

Any of his books early on in his ministry on C.T. Studd especially are excellent.

There is still much we can learn from his messages here on SermonIndex.

2017/2/15 6:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "...I would say was simply acting more like the modern evangelical church that really in the end does not believe this doctrine as we are doing very little about it."

= cognitive dissonance.

2017/2/15 7:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy