SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : PRAY: SermonIndex Youtube Channel Deleted without any notice by Youtube

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Brother Greg,

Can we do anything? Like contact YouTube someway and post a complaint or request the channel again? I think if the saints make a loud noise this might help??? Thoughts???

2017/1/30 18:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Perhaps if youtube videos are posted about the sermonindex channel being deleted that could help. Sharing it on facebook, etc for prayer will be the key.

It is shocking, we only have around 70% of it backed up or so. I am going to look at seeing alternatives coming up to host the videos in a different places. Just 5000 videos to re-upload again might take a few years :)

We are thinking of self-hosting options and possibly Archive.org but even that is not 100% secure.

2017/1/30 18:53Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brother, do you think any of the speakers' ministries might have complained to YT about copyright infringement? That's the only thing I can think of. This is horrible.

2017/1/30 20:51Profile

Re:

It appears this is an attack by the enemy. If several million people were viewing these videos and lives were being changed. Then the devil would get upset and attempt to shut down access to the message. At this point I don't know what know what could be done to reinstate the YouTube channel. I certainly pray it will be reinstated.

In the meantime brother Greg might want to look at Vimeo. Though it is second in viewing to YouTube. Their policy seem to be more flexible for allowing Christian messages.

Again just my thoughts.

Bro Blaine

2017/1/30 22:49
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I really can't see any minister complaining about spreading one of his gospel messages. It was probably someone who dislikes Christ and His message (and messengers).

You should just make another account and call it preachingindex or something (sorry, lame joke)

2017/1/31 6:29Profile
dougr777

Re:

That's a great suggestion, let us know how we can continue to pray and serve

2017/1/31 7:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We might explore a few options for the future, even if the youtube comes re-enstatd, I think it would be good to have an entire backup and for a few brethren to start youtube channels mirroring all the content. So essentially uploading all the video sermons or most of them.

Perhaps if this is something you want to commit to, we could send a hard drive with most of the videos. Send an email to [email protected]

Vimeo would cost a monthly amount but if a brother felt led to lead that and pay for it, they could upload all the messages there also.

I will keep you updated on any news from youtube. Do continue to pray.

2017/1/31 8:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

A few have committed to start new youtube channels and upload many sermonindex videos. If this interests you to help establish a youtube channel email me: [email protected] and I will give instructions.

May the Lord allow these messages to spread even further and glorify His Name.

here is an example of one brother starting a channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvNnPVPAJlEyLTZQHW0ELw/featured

do SUBSCRIBE to it.

2017/1/31 12:19Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I shared an email with folks in our home group asking them to pray that YouTube reinstates. A sweet sister who, with her husband, a very interested in the efforts of groups like American Family Association and ACLJ asked --- and I will ask here, too --- if Greg thinks it a good idea to reach out to someone like AFA and see if they will help generate publicity and a call to action such as an email campaign to YouTube for SI.

I have no contacts with any such organization but if you could get AFA to say anything at all I think you might find a swell of support and at least some number of emails asking them to reinstate and standing for the benefit SI provides for believers here and abroad.

2017/1/31 12:29Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: PRAY: SermonIndex Youtube Channel Deleted without any notice by Youtube

Wow -- this is terrible!

Did they even contact you before they deleted your account? I had a friend who was given a "strike" (or something like that) because he had used copyrighted material in one of his videos. He said that they use some sort of system like that (two or three strikes before termination).

I thought that a particular video had to be flagged for a violation. I don't think that any of the ministers featured here at SermonIndex would target you for termination (and, if they did, that is very disappointing).

Is it possible that it has something to do with that recent minister who wanted his sermons removed had something to do with this?

I'm praying that this is resolved quickly and Alphabet/Google/YouTube will reinstate and restore your channel.

2017/1/31 17:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy