SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : The need for revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Norsky

The need for revival

I have to ask. What is the purpose of revival? I often think about what it will be like in heaven surrounded by God and no more need of revival. Just wanted to start a conversation as well.

2017/1/25 21:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The need for revival

Brother,

Wonderful question. Revival is a very unifying term in evangelicalism, though it is used for many things. Revival comes down to the very Person of God, the presence of Jesus Christ. When we are revived we are back in right relationship, right-standing and a right sense of Christ's presence.

So the purpose of revival is to bring us back to the fixation, living for, dying for, filled with, testifying of, Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.

I believe you are hitting on something in speaking of "heaven" we write about this on the about us page:

Revival speaks to us of the very worship of God and His presence, meeting with and experiencing Jesus Christ. We see a picture of this genuine presence of God in, Isaiah 6, where God is seen 'high and exalted.' Another picture of this we see in Revelation 5 where there is 'a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain.' Revival is about experiencing and knowing this very Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.

I am sure others will have other meaningful answers as well.

2017/1/25 22:39Profile
Norsky

Re:

When Paul speaks of a tent in 2 Corinthians 5 is what I was thinking also. The thought of being eternal makes me wonder if we will remember the temporal.

2017/1/26 20:06Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re-vival is to bring to life again that which was once alive but had withered away and died.
It is bringing dry bones to life!
It is soaking rain on drought-cracked ground.
It is "times of refreshing in the presence of the Lord!

It is turning away from cisterns which hold no water (worldliness) and returning to the Fountain of Living Water (God)

It is Repent and do the first works again!
It is returning to your First Love!

It is not by might, nor by power but by the Spirit of the Lord!

God bless,

2017/1/27 4:33Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen William!

Revival is bringing heaven down to earth. “Bow the heavens and come down.” When heaven touches earth, everything changes. The church that was dying comes alive again, where there was darkness is overcome by the light of His glory. Sinners are converted, backsliders come home, and the saints are refreshed by the presence of God. The very atmosphere is changed by an awareness and consciousness of God.

2017/1/27 17:05Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Revival

Revival is GODS people changing repenting for their sins. Not looking at their brother or sister.. Not looking at their pastors..
Revival is individual repentance daily, praying seeking His face believing for salvation's, and deliverance's from the muck of the world.
Revival is seeking HIS face for MERCY and more Mercy and seeing yourself free and others free and come to know JESUS.
Revival is remembering that there were many who went before us and they are screaming their cries through us to repent and pray and see His GLORY in all the homes and houses not only in the USA but all the world. for the earth is the LORD s and the GLOry Psalm 24King James Version (KJV)

24 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
2 chron 7:1414 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land

2017/2/4 18:34Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
What is the purpose of revival?

Great question. At its heart revival is a return to living unto God (Romans 6:11). Revival holds a returning to beginnings, to the original intentions and purposes of God: New life must be properly anchored in the old purposes of God.

Like Nehemiah found when he did his survey of the wall of Jerusalem, there is much "rubbish" that needs to be removed so that the wall can be rebuilt and the full testimony of Jesus Christ be restored. We need that same spirit that Nehemiah had that knows that God will have His purpose realized in the end.

God will have that which satisfies His heart, even if it only a small company here and there.

In Christ,

2017/2/4 22:44Profile
ColinHopper

Turangi, New Zealand

Re:

Revival is sorely needed before God brings judgement in the earth. My heart cries out for personal revival. God has promised to present to Christ a Bride without spot or wrinkle. Christ deserves a beautiful bride, the only way I can see that happening is if God in His mercy revives His people.

2017/6/4 20:10Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by Norsky
I have to ask. What is the purpose of revival? I often think about what it will be like in heaven surrounded by God and no more need of revival. Just wanted to start a conversation as well.

I had, what people in church call backslid a long time ago and the Lord woo'd me back to Him and coming back to the Lord, I had a lot of guilt and shame.

We were in the dreariest winter but I felt I was also coming out of the dreariest part of my life and I prayed for a spring. I wanted the trees and flowers to begin to grow again and bloom and sun shining again not only over the earth but over my earth again, if that makes sense. So I began to pray, Lord, "I need a "spring" in my life."

I don't know if this happens every year or it was this one year but there was 5 cold snaps that year from the end of March to late May! I say that because every time the weather would warm up, I would get sad and say, "I missed my spring." Then the weather would get cold again and I would brighten up thinking, "I've got another chance!" Five times it did that!!! :)

At the time I didn't call it revival but that is what I was looking for in my spiritual life and at the end of the 5th cold snap, I received my spring!!! The Lord, the Holy Spirit and I had communion on the floor and when I got up, I got up a new woman in Christ! I received my spring!! :) Praise His holy name! God is good... all the time!

The purpose of revival or "spring" in our personal life is revitalization. One of the definitions of revitalize is "to impart new life or vigor to: restore to an active or fresh condition."

To restore to a fresh condition and have imparted unto us a new life or new vigor (a new vision in the Lord?) is the reason/purpose for revival.

Just my experience and two cents!!
God bless,
Lisa

2017/6/5 6:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy