SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A warning to a nation that calls itself Christian

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A warning to a nation that calls itself Christian

Can we all just lay our guns down
Can you stop, even for a moment, and see whats all around
Hatred and bitterness, this land is in despair
There is something in the atmosphere, there is something in the air

Brother against brother, our hearts should be as one
If only for a moment, stop and see what has begun
Will you wrap yourself in glory, in impenetrable light
Or shall we march together, into the darkest night

Imagine a world where we all just get along
Now imagine a world that has forever lost its song
Our children grow in darkness, we teach them how to fight
With every passing day, they slowly lose their sight

Oh Adam wont you weep for your children in despair
And Eve how can you sleep when theirs hatred everywhere
Can't we simply lay down our guns and learn how to forgive
For only in the light of love can this world truly live

In the name of Jesus I call on you this day
The ruler of the darkness says there's no time left to play
He is coming in his fury, he is coming for mankind
The dark horse it is riding with the pale horse right behind

Tis time to love each other, greet each other with a kiss
Or we shall meet on the battle-field, on the edge of the abyss
Inflamed with indignant righteousness and blind to one another
If we refuse to love then it is brother against brother

2017/1/22 12:47
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: A warning to a nation that calls itself Christian

Amen brother.
I was praying this morning and the Lord convicted me for not being as loving towards other christians as I should be. He also showed me we would win the lost way more effectively if they could see the fervent love and community we have.

2017/1/22 14:35Profile

Re:

Amen Nigel,

The inspiration behind my poem was just all the hatred that is in the air right now. People are armed with their opinions about politics and they are not afraid to pull the trigger on their views. I do believe that this hatred and animosity that we see will be part of the coming persecution of the saints. One of the leading spokesperson for the woman's march on Saturday said on CNN that she believed that people who did not share their views were " insane." Even the normally far left leaning anchor gave her a chance to walk back her shocking comment, but she would not...........bro Frank

2017/1/23 11:54
dohzman

Re: Amen

Like you brother Frank I am seeing so much hatred, a murder type hatred coming from the left, its amazing to me. I live in Ohio and remember the Kent State protests/riots/shooting way back during the Vietnam days and I don't remember it being even close to what we are seeing and hearing today, Excellent poem brother,very convicting. God Bless

2017/1/23 14:12Profile

Re:

Indeed brother D, this level of widespread hatred, is unheard of, unless we are speaking about nations who would go on and tear themselves apart.

For many it has been hard to imagine a time when the hatred against Christians would rise to such a level that it would lead to intense persecution in our modern day west. This is a fore-taste of persecution to come. The saint needs to prepare his heart for the days when their enemies will be those oh his own house-hold and his fellow country-men. Now, for the saint it has always been like that on a smaller scale. Perhaps they would be ostracized or shunned, disliked or ignored. All of that is a far cry from being criminalized for the fundamental tenets and truth of the Scripture, imprisoned and ultimately killed. Where does murder begin? According to Jesus it begins in the hearts of men. We are now seeing the beginnings of the kind of hatred that will eventually lead to murder, and we are seeing it on a national/international scale...........bro Frank

2017/1/23 14:22
Yana2

Denmark

Re:

A very timely message, brother.

I hope that in light of all this resentment and anger, we in the Body of Christ should love even more, be ever more compassionate, show ever more mercy, be ever more forgiving and display the glory and supremacy of Christ as it stands in stark opposition to the hatred in men's hearts!

2017/1/23 15:18Profile

Re:

Amen Yana, indeed, loving our enemies is the power of God...........bro Frank

2017/1/23 18:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy