SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why was JamesECampbellJr banned?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

".....and not be so quick to receive anything that sounds 'interesting' or 'tickles our itching ears'."

When I said that what James said was "interesting" and I was "all ears", it did not mean that I had already endorsed his views. He had not even really said anything that I would consider "meaty" yet. But I was willing to listen further to what he had to say before I denounce him.

Anyway, Bro Greg's decision is final and I respect that.

2017/1/19 2:57Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Jade,

Sorry, I was not aiming at you in particular, but it was meant as a general comment.

2017/1/19 10:01Profile
dohzman

Accountability

I do not know anything about anything here EXCEPT this one thing, and I believe that everyone needs to be sensitive to this one fact:

Regardless of what anyone thinks in the end Greg will stand before God and give an account, not you me or anyone else, not even the staff or other moderators. There are giftings of discernment that he will operate in that none of us will ever know the way he has/is become/becoming intimate with. All that said, I place my trust in his judgement and his discretion in matter related to this site as the sole individual will give account of what he did with that which God intrusted him with.May the Lord Himself direct your steps and lead you steadfastly in His wisdom and light Brother Greg.

2017/1/19 10:27Profile
proudpapa

Re: Accountability

Removing him was fine.
that is not a big deal.

But indicating that he is a heretic without having him present to defend himself.
and without providing any specifics to that accusation is why I am inquiring more deeply.

Removed last statement about church history : to contentious for this thread, another subject for another day

2017/1/19 10:40Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Not wanting to speak for Greg (and it's not my place or desire to say who should or should not be asked to leave - maybe we all at times have been shown much grace), but I think Greg made it clear he made that decision based on a personal communication with this person and it was more to do with an agenda and motive for joining rather than any particular teaching.

I think we have to accept that we don't have all the facts that Greg has and that is his prerogative to keep personal.

2017/1/19 11:09Profile
proudpapa

Re: Heydave

I am not disputing Bro Gregs decision to remove him.

I can and will respect that.

But this thread with this man's name is damaging to that man.

By saying RE : Re///...lead Him into the historic faith we all hold to.///

Is indicating that he is heretic.

Those are serious charges, I am asking did this man indicate that he was the only one with the true Salvation Message ?

I simply was of the impression that he felt that he had found in Scripture some truths that was not understood by any other Christians whom he had been around about how to walk more victoriously. (sanctification)

I was trying to figure out if what he was speaking about actually is held by many others, but that he simply was unaware of it.

2017/1/19 11:36Profile
proudpapa

Re: Bro Greg

By saying : Re///...lead Him into the historic faith we all hold to.///

Is indicating that he is heretic.

Those are serious charges, I am asking did this man indicate that he was the only one with the true Salvation Message ?

I understood that he was referring to Some kind of Sanctification by Faith.

"...Thankfully, the Holy Spirit is persistent and not upset at someone who doesn't yet understand how they can already be free in Christ when they are so aware of their "sin." Just keep saying what you are saying. You don't cause people to realize their reality, the Holy Spirit does. But, He does use the words you speak with such love to accomplish His objective."

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=58589&forum=35&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

"Very true. The victory is hidden in your words, tuc. Yet, it isn't hidden. God will show all who are willing to cease being adults and admit they just don't understand how what He says can be true. They can tell him that their experiences say to them that what He says isn't true. God loves that kind of honesty. He'll never say anything but, "Come sit on my knee on the throne of grace and I'll teach you all about it." We simply tell Abba, "Father, what you say IS true even though it seems impossible."

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=58589&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=1

More evidence that he was referring to some kind of Sanctification by Faith : and not rejecting the Brotherhood or Salvation of those whom he disagreed with :

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=58422&forum=35

2017/1/19 12:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

I do not believe this is de-faming in anyway to James because this writing was made public. In the end I put alot of serious concerns on what "special revelation" and "voices" James is hearing. And why almost all modern Christians do not have his truth but he has it along with a mystery visitor that spoke these truths to him through "normal language" not "scripture".

There are so many false teachings out there brethren that we must be on our guard and not seek to hear and be drawn into all these teachings that can be teachings of demons. One brother was right to state about gnostism as the same demons that spoke those truths into the minds of men in the early Church are alive today.

I personally take no glory in having to ban a sermonindex member from the website community but after 14 years sometimes I get a sense right away something is wrong with an individual and to be-labor and allow them a platform for their ideas is not necessary. Perhaps it would be the weaker brother or sister who could be drawn away by these "new" teachings, and other reasons that there is wisdom to not allow the platform to happen.

The theme and root of James writings is the bible verse on "believing the lie" of Genesis 3 and mentioned in 2 Thessalonians.

It is clear that the lie spoken of in 2 Thessalonians is to deception of believing the lies of the antichrist, this "powerful delusion" will come upon those who are not loving the truth and watching and praying as our Lord reminds us in the Gospels before His coming.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-14New International Version (NIV)

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Stand Firm
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits[b] to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

--

Quotes by James that even in these should bring concern something is not right but what is left unsaid is worse as those who seek to listen to him will go further into strange new ideas and doctrines that supposedly have been lost till now, it seems James and his whole family believe this gospel but who else? This is exactly like other situations where I spoke with individuals that declared new "truth" and a "new gospel" or the rediscovering of it in our day, their only converts were their immediate family:

James once spent a few days in a psychiatric hospital calming down after some extremely devastating news. Unable to accept the information, handled the situation incorrectly. Have you ever considered that people who say they hear voices may be closer to reality than those who don’t? Why? Because one of the strategies of darkness is to convince people that those voices are really just their own thoughts. “Crazy” people often recognize those voices are not their own thoughts. The rest of us? We usually call those voices “bad thoughts.” Unfortunately, religion has taught many that those “bad thoughts” are from an old nature. And, as long as anyone believes God’s declaration of being a “new creature” as only spiritual or future, they miss the God of right now. Many of these people would never admit they secretly believe God is cruel; He has the wherewithal to help them but won’t until they are in Heaven. Oh, how our minds have been twisted in ways we cannot imagine. Are you ready to let God start untwisting wrong beliefs?

As I continued to think about Genesis 3 and many other passages of scripture, it dawned on me. The world’s languages have been so twisted that it is impossible for people to understand God’s truth because they are using modern and wrong definitions for words and phrases that used to mean something else. For instance, the Greek word translated sin. Yes, “hamartia” means sin. But, the power of The Lie has made the word sin mean “something done that is wrong.” However, it also means “error.”

In the Garden of Eden, the evil genius of The Lie was not that Satan persuaded man to rebel against the truth and reject a relationship with God, though that was horrific beyond description. Worse than that it created a knowledge barrier that became a filter through which mankind would judge all other knowledge of the past, present, and future. Satan had constructed a circular loop in mankind’s thinking; one that mankind cannot undo because he doesn’t know it is there. The Lie has succeeded in completely blinding mankind to a form of logic out of which he cannot escape through any type of reasoning, even if he realizes the circularity of that logic loop. Einstein got a glimpse of it, but even he couldn’t take it further.

Everything I have just written makes complete sense to me and my family, and we have been successfully living with this knowledge for years. Yet, we have come up against a problem which this knowledge has not enabled us to solve, that is, our financial problems. With all the wonderful things God has shown me and such wonderful changes in our lives, what are we missing? Are we still believing some lie that is undoing God’s financial blessing? Where is the blessing of God? We don’t know what to do, and time is running out.

2017/1/19 13:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Greg I appreciate your discernment.

I felt something was "off" about his posts but sometimes it is hard to put a finger on it-- you just "feel it."

Your explanation helps.

2017/1/19 18:33Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Thank you, Dave, for your explanation. Much appreciated.

2017/1/22 2:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy