SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Philippians- Rejoicing In The Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Philippians- Rejoicing In The Lord

Philippians- Rejoicing In The Lord

This letter to the Philippians seems to be a letter of appreciation and exhortation as there doesn't seem to be any great problems in the church that Paul has to deal with.The only mention of a problem is some hints at unity among the believers.(Philippians 2:1-4,3:15-19,4:1-4)The book is full of joy and rejoicing.

Just look at the mentions of joy and rejoicing mentioned in the letter.

"always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy"

"What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice."

"And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,"(Philippians 1:4,18,25)

"holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me." (Philippians 2:16-18)

"Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord."

"For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit,rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh"(Philippians 3:1,3)

"Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved."

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians 4:1,4)

While in prison and not knowing the outcome of that for sure he was rejoicing.Praying with joy for the brethen.Rejoicing that Christ was preached even though some was with a false pretense hoping to bring more discomfort to Paul.
Confident he would be released but not knowing when,he was concerned for their progress and their joy.Looking forward to the day he would rejoice with his Lord.Even if he is to be,sacrificed for the faith,he was glad and rejoicing and requesting that they be glad and rejoice with him.
Rejoice in the Lord for who we are in Christ for we have no confidence in the flesh."My joy and crown.""Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"

Such an example for us.Then he makes that great statement in (Philippians 4:9) and in (Philippians 4:11)

"The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."

It is stated that Paul is our example.Well he is setting forth the example in this book of Philippians as much so as anywhere in his life.Some giant footsteps to follow to say the least.Much to consider.

"Paul is our example."An easy statement for us to make but oh as we look over the life of this man from the time he met his Lord on the Damascus road to the time of his imprisonment and eventual execution can we say that we "rejoice in the Lord" in all our circumstances?Do we allow the peace of God,the God of peace to work this rejoicing in our hearts?I do believe we can have it just as Paul did because we have a certain hope instilled in us.
We can rejoice now just like we will rejoice when we all are with our Jesus because Paul also stated in Philippians in (3:20-21)that blessed hope of being with our Savior in a body like unto His glorious body.

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself."

Perhaps Today.

2017/1/12 8:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy