Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Holy Wrath

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Holy Wrath

Holy Wrath
One word in the Greek that is translated wrath is orgē which is pronounced or- gay'. Aristotle said this word means desire with grief. I believe there should be a holy wrath that is stirred up in each Christian as what we call Today passes by. It shouldn't take much to look around and be stirred up by the sinfulness of Christians and the world. We should have a holy wrath or a strong desire with grief building up. Do you have such a desire for Christ that it stirs up grief when you don't see God getting the glory He deserves? We as Christians should have such a strong desire to see Christ glorified. Do we not have the Holy Spirit in us?
 John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
Are you really filled with the spirit of God? If you are then you will glorify Jesus. If you are not then you will not glorify him, but your own flesh. The Holy Spirit is grieved when Christ is not glorified. Are you grieving Him? Jesus said "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.(Mat 11:30)"  HE DID NOT SAY THERE WAS NO BURDEN OR YOKE!!!! The church of Jesus Christ is ignorant of Jesus’ yoke or his burden! Today there is being such a gospel preached that all the emphasis is on making ok men alittle better. This is not the Gospel! Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners, but it still stands true that the soul that sinneth it SHALL die (Ezekiel 18:4,20)!  The only way to receive Christ is to die to self and receive the new birth, which would parallel the Cross and the Resurrection.
 How is His burden light? His yoke easy? Most yokes have 2 holes so that 2 oxen can pull together side by side. You are not bearing this yoke alone. The Lord Jesus Christ is walking beside you. It is not merely your burden, but He is sharing it with you. OHH what a privilege to share with Christ!! What a privilege to weep over a sin ridden church and world. It is a privilege not to be bound to sin! Oh how quickly we forget that it is not of works that we are saved but His grace through faith. I'm so unworthy to share his burden and weep what he weeps over. I feel it such a privilege to even be able to write this to you in hope that maybe a one that reads this will be willing to take his yoke and burden. He will share! The gate is straight and the way narrow! How narrow? as wide as one man. And that man is Jesus Christ and you have to go through him to get to the other side.

2005/6/9 13:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy