SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : STIR UP THE GIFT OF GOD by Carter Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 STIR UP THE GIFT OF GOD by Carter Conlon

Paul said to Timothy, “Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands” (2 Timothy 1:6).

My word to you today is the same: Stir up the gift of God. When God put His hand on you, He put a deposit of His life within you — the ability to do the supernatural.

So how do you stir up the gift of God? It starts by saying, “Lord, I want it! I want my life to be what You have called it to be. I do not want to simply blend in with this society and ultimately make no difference. I want the power to stand out as a follower of Jesus Christ.”

That has been my prayer over the course of my entire Christian life: “Lord, stir me. Take me to another place: don’t let me become stagnant. Don’t let me live on yesterday’s grace and yesterday’s victory. Today is a new day; there are new people I am going to encounter. Stir the compassion in my heart. Give me the eyes to see people the way You see them. Don’t let me be afraid of people’s faces. You are alive inside me; You gave me Your Holy Spirit; and You left me on the earth for a purpose — so help me to lay hold of the reason I am alive in this generation!”

Remember, the only thing that stops the true child of God is unbelief. And so we must ask God for the grace to honor Him and make full use of the deposit He has given to us. That is how souls will be touched — as they see the reality of Jesus Christ living in us!

2017/1/7 6:54Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: STIR UP THE GIFT OF GOD by Carter Conlon

Amen!

Let us make this our aim in this new year. Let our light shine brightly

2017/1/7 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy