SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : God's Lamb

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

God's Lamb

God's Lamb

"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”(Luke 2:11-12)

He took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:

“Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace,

According to Your word;For my eyes have seen Your salvation."(Luke 2:28-30)

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29)

All we like sheep have gone astray;

We have turned, every one, to his own way;

And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,

Yet He opened not His mouth;

He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,

And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,

So He opened not His mouth.(Isaiah 53:6-7)

Now when they had fulfilled all that was written concerning Him, they took Him down from the tree and laid Him in a tomb. But God raised Him from the dead.

Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.(Acts 13:29-30,38,39)

A lamb born in a stable,laid in a manger,recognized as God's salvation,announced as God's lamb,lead obediently to the slaughter,nailed to the cross,died and laid in a tomb,raised from the dead,forgives and justifies.

HE CAME TO DIE.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.(Romans 5:1)

In Isaiah chapter 53 we see the "Lamb"on the cross redeeming the human race.The Redeemer.The meek and lowly "Lamb" lead to the slaughter.

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.(Isaiah 53:7)

Then in Revelation chapter 5 we see the "Lamb"as He receives the 7 sealed scroll,the title deed to this earth and for 7 years we see Him as He redeems it back to Himself.

"And I looked, and behold,in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne."

Then in chapter 19 of Revelation we see the "Lamb"receive His Bride and the marriage supper of the "Lamb"as He is about to burst the heavens open and come back to rule for a thousand years.

Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife (bride) has made herself ready.” And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” (My emphasis)

Then in chapter 21 and 22 of Revelation the "Lamb" in the new heaven and earth and the New Jerusalem.He is the temple and the light and His throne is there.

"But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light."(Revelation 21:22-23)

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb."

"And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him."(Revelation 22:1,3)

“Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! (John 1:29)

2016/12/24 12:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy